The Heimerdinger Foundation
Development and Marketing Manager
The Heimerdinger Foundation
Through our Meals 4 Health and Healing program, we provide nutrient-dense, organic meals to people facing cancer in Davidson and Williamson Counties. Our food is medicine mission wraps a loving community around families during a difficult time and provides love, support, and nutrition education. Youth development is another important pillar of our mission as well as the value of giving back to our community.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated Development & Marketing Manager to join our growing mission and our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community by carrying out functions related to fundraising, communications, marketing, and administration.
Ideally, the candidate will have at least two years’ fundraising/development experience and a related college degree. This candidate will have the ability to work well under pressure, possess strong organizational skills, and be detail oriented. The ability to work well with donors, volunteers, and staff in a motivating, respectful, and encouraging way is imperative.
Fund Development & Donor Communications:
- Maintain comprehensive donor database; data and gift entry, generating and sending timely acknowledgement letters and correspondence with donors.
- Assist with all mail and email campaigns to donors and stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and assisting with all fundraising and community events.
- Responsible for planning and executing an annual signature event.
- Work with the Executive Director to create content for fundraising campaigns, including an annual year-end campaign and annual impact report.
- Generate content and media for online fundraisers.
- Create content for all print materials related to fundraising events including invitations, programs, etc.
- Maintain donor relationships and create opportunities for donor involvement and stewardship
- Assist with the pursuit of all revenue streams: grants, corporate and foundation gifts, sponsorships, etc.
- Identify and develop new strategies to broaden the organization’s visibility.
- Develop a library of organizational talking points, stories, and statistics to be used consistently across the organization.
- Develop, maintain, and drive the organization’s brand standards and content strategy to effectively resonate with donors and clients.
- Develop focused marketing strategies to support the program while maintaining consistent messaging across the organization.
- Create a system to track marketing outreach efforts.
Social & Digital Media:
- Manage all social media platforms. Create monthly social media calendar and post content to all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and monitor activity to gauge effectiveness and engagement. Respond to messages within a timely manner (24 hours).
- Monitor social media trends; implement new strategies as needed across platforms.
- Manage the website; update the layout, written copy, and other content as needed.
- Create and distribute monthly email newsletters to stakeholders. Create additional email blasts as needed.
- Collect and manage photo and video content and graphic updates for social platforms.
- Ensure Meals 4 Health and Healing branding consistency is maintained across all social and digital platforms.
Content Creation & Management:
- Prepare electronic content, newsletters, flyers, and promotional materials within brand standards.
- Work with Program staff to generate content and client stories to share on the website, social media, monthly newsletters, annual fundraising appeals and impact reports. Be the storyteller!
- Take photos of program activities and fundraising and community events. Maintain a photo library for use on the website, social media, monthly newsletters, annual fundraising appeals and impact reports.
- Manage the development of all print collateral including, but not limited to, annual reports, newsletters, brochures. etc.
- Create additional email marketing pieces as needed.
- Ensure all marketing assets including images, logos, videos, documents, and other marketing related content are organized and archived.
- Attend staff meetings and board meetings, as requested.
- Support and engage with overall staff team functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to Meals 4 Health and Healing mission and operating principles
- A minimum of two years of successful work requiring fundraising, communications, proofreading, creative design, marketing
- History of success managing multiple projects in a professional setting with little supervision of the day-to-day and handling shifting priorities
- Ability to present quality projects for approval/feedback and meet stated deadlines
- Experience with Fundly CRM or other nonprofit donor database
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, web editing software, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of fundraising protocols
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Experience creating and managing brand identities
- Embody professionalism, responsibility, maturity, self awareness, and accountability
- Ability to work independently and function as a positive team member, giving and receiving honest feedback
- Relate well to varied clientele, donors, staff, and volunteers; ability to work well in a team
- Adaptable to changing demands/deadlines/priorities
- Outgoing, enterprising, persuasive, and creative; capable of developing trusted, authentic relationships
- Strategic thinker, possessing the ability to anticipate needs and challenges before they arise; creative problem solver
- Ability to write compelling, accurate, and succinct copy for a variety of communication avenues with warmth and clarity
- Self-motivated with a high value for professional excellence
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Paid time off (PTO and holidays)
Medical insurance stipend
How to Apply
Send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: April 13, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 05/22/2023
- Salary Range: from $50,000.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk