Development and Community Engagement Manager
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Development and Community Engagement Manager. The successful candidate will lead an integrated approach to fundraising and external relations at Conexión Américas. This position helps to advance Conexión Américas’ mission by sustaining and expanding our community of supporters and fostering relationships that result in long-lasting goodwill and financial support for our mission. The Development and Community Engagement Manager supports all of the organization’s fundraising development initiatives, leading corporate partnerships, fundraising, event planning, and community engagement strategies.
- Work with the Director of Development and Strategic Growth and the Co-Executive Directors to coordinate corporate partnerships, including assessing ongoing needs, communicating with donors around partnership opportunities, organizing corporate volunteer opportunities, and researching new partnerships.
Event Planning and Management
- Lead the planning and execution of special events including annual fundraisers such as Cafecito and Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration & Awards Ceremony in order to meet fundraising goals as identified in the development strategy.
- Support corporate sponsorships for events and programs.
- Manage the organizational volunteer strategy including assessing volunteer needs, coordinating volunteers, sending the volunteer newsletter, communicating and building positive relationships with a network of volunteers.
- Act as the lead liaison between the Conexión Next Young Professionals Network and Conexión Américas and support the network in reaching its goals, as aligned with Conexión Américas’ strategic plan.
- Serve as a representative for Conexión Américas to build and strengthen relationships and expand our supporter base.
- Support planning and coordination of messaging and activities/events to create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization and raise awareness of issues critical to our mission.
- Coordinate exhibitions at the Casa Azafrán art gallery.
- Work closely with Marketing, Communications and other organizational programs to coordinate and implement communication activities and press strategy, to ensure they are aligned with organizational campaigns and messaging.
- Provide tours of Casa Azafrán.
- Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other position at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a cooperative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, external relations, communications, or related field
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Enjoys working in fast-paced work environments
- High attention to detail
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Willing and able to provide hands-on logistical support during event planning.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel and managing data
- Exceptional written, oral communications and public speaking skills
- Ability to effectively build and nurture relationships with diverse individuals
- Capacity to be a “tough-minded optimist,” always acting to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude required
- Self-motivated, well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility, creativity and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively
- Fluent in Spanish, required
- Must pass background check
- Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US preferred
Full-time salaried position with health insurance, PTO – holidays, vacation, and sick days.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to Ariel Safdie, Interim Director of Development and Strategic Growth, via email to email@example.com. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
Please include the following email subject header: Application Development and Community Engagement Manager- FIRST NAME, LAST NAME
- Date Posted: November 8, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development