AncoraTN (Formerly End Slavery Tennessee)
Development and Communications Associate
AncoraTN (Formerly End Slavery Tennessee)
Development & Communications Associate
AncoraTN (formerly End Slavery Tennessee)
AncoraTN (ATN), formerly End Slavery Tennessee, works tirelessly to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Middle Tennessee. We seek to break cycles of exploitation and support survivors of human trafficking as they heal from their traumas—offering long-term, comprehensive aftercare services. Through educating communities and professionals, advocating for legal changes, and implementing prevention programming, AncoraTN works to stop human trafficking before it ever begins.
AncoraTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused around a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & External Relations
POSITION SUMMARY: Do you have a strong attention to detail while being a “people person?” Do you like to get things done? Are you passionate about engaging others and raising awareness about human trafficking in our community? The Development and Communications Associate is the backbone of the Development and External Relations team, playing a key role in achieving our mission as we achieve our financial goals. This position provides administrative and operational support through donor management, event logistics, and communication.
Administration and Operations (50%):
- Manage donor data and information, ensuring accuracy of records.
- Send accurate and timely receipts and thank donors appropriately and promptly.
- Oversee and maintain the donor database, Network for Good, and make recommendations on process, changes, and additions.
- Oversee pledge reminders and tax summary mailings.
- Implement thank you strategy, including post-event communications.
- Pull donor reports for monthly financial reports, segmented fundraising campaigns, etc and manage mailing logistics.
- Complete all other assignments as required by the Director of Development and External Relations.
- Develop annual communication goals and key performance metrics
- Compose all external communication with donors and community members including e-blasts and newsletters.
- Lead social media engagement with goals on attracting new followers, increasing community awareness around human trafficking and ATN, and engaging current community.
- Update websites and marketing collateral on a regular basis.
- Manage media contacts and schedule interviews with the CEO, COO and Director of Development and External Relations.
Event Logistics (25%):
- Plan and execute fundraising event logistics for up to three events annually.
- Serve as point of contact for third party events.
- Manage timelines, budgets, vendor relationships, contracts.
- Coordinate with External Relations team to advertise events.
- Serve as point person for invitation, sponsorships, and silent auctions.
All positions at AncoraTN interact with survivors of human trafficking from day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgement free work environment. Empathy, compassion, and the ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for anyone who works at AncoraTN.
Work is carried out primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking and some light physical activity. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or clients. Some car travel and use of personal vehicle is required. The work expectations will include some work at the AncoraTN offices along with some work from home opportunities.
Work hours are primarily daytime but does require some night or weekend work for meetings and events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills required, including: Excel, Outlook, Windows. Experience with Network for Good is desired, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, donors, and organization as a whole
- Fast learner, ability to problem solve and capacity for hard work
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance and access to reliable personal transportation
- Sense of humor and overall good attitude about life
- General knowledge about the issue of Human Trafficking and AncoraTN is desired
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
- A background check is required.
- Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
Full-time, 8am-4pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed). Some travel may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary commiserates with experience, range $38,000-$46,000
- Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- Cellular telephone provided
- $150.00/ month for therapy
- 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays
- 3 floating holidays
- Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
- Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions. Eligible for match after 6 months of employment
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and title of position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls accepted for this position. No phone calls accepted for this position.
**AncoraTN recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
- Date Posted: February 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 03/01/2023
- Salary Range: 38000-46000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm