St. Luke's Community House
Development and Board Coordinator
St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s Community House in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Development and Executive Specialist to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the community as an integral member of the Development team and provide key administrative and executive support to the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core values of St. Luke’s Community House. We believe that the work environment is enhanced when diverse groups of people with diverse ideas come together. Applicants whose work incorporates an inclusive perspective and a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and equity are particularly encouraged to apply.
Development Team – 40%
- Maintain comprehensive donor database; data and gift entry, generating and sending timely acknowledgement letters, and correspondence with donors including daily and heavy volume mailings.
- Generate accurate donor reports and mailing lists from Raisers Edge NXT.
- Coordinate all mail campaigns to donors and stakeholders.
- Handle all inquiries regarding in-kind donations. Inform potential donors of items accepted by St. Luke’s and refer all other in-kind donations to This n That Thrift Shop.
- Maintain inventory of all stationery and logo items. Work with the Development & Marketing Manager to reorder as necessary.
- Manage annual Adopt A Senior program for the Development team. Coordinate donor registrations, matching donors and seniors in coordination with the Program Team; provide timely responses to any questions or inquiries.
- Assist with execution of the annual Missions & Gravy fundraising breakfast as needed.
- Prepare packets and information for tours, Lunch & Learns and other stakeholder meetings.
- Prepare invoices and purchase request forms for CDO.
- Support other Development team functions as needed.
Board of Directors – 30%
- Work closely with the CEO and entire Senior Team to set annual meeting calendar (board and all board committees), manage all calendar invitations, handle follow-up tasks after board and committee meetings.
- Set and communicate deadlines for documents needed for Board meetings to the Senior Team, compile the consent agenda and board documents and upload to Basecamp prior to meetings and as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for all Board meetings including room setup, PowerPoint, name tents and beverages. Also includes scheduling and facilitating Zoom meetings as needed.
- Take minutes at all Board meetings, share completed minutes with Board Secretary and CEO and upload minutes to Basecamp. maintaining strict confidentiality of the information.
- Track attendance at all Board meetings, committee meetings and other events where board members volunteer their time. Enter all board volunteer hours into the POINT volunteer management system.
- Manage and regularly ensure the accuracy of all board members’ information (contact info, job affiliation, committee assignments, board history).
- Compile Board orientation notebook for new board members annually. Coordinate updates to documents as needed for notebooks and upload to Basecamp.
- Coordinate all logistics for annual Board orientation including scheduling, room setup, food and beverages.
- Working in partnership with the CEO and entire Leadership team, ensure board members have a meaningful engagement with St. Luke’s.
Executive Support – 30%
- Manage calendar, appointments, and written acknowledgements for the CEO.
- Prepare invoices and purchase request forms for CEO.
- Manage general email inbox, respond to inquiries, and refer to other staff as needed.
- Support other administrative needs of CEO.
- Support meeting and event logistics such as all-staff meetings, Senior Team meetings, Supervisor Team meetings, Cross-Departmental Team meetings, etc.
- Flexible in supporting Senior Team projects needing extra attention due to specific deadlines.
- Support and engage with overall staff team functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 + years of experience in a similar role providing high-level assistance to an executive team
- History of success managing multiple projects in a professional setting with little supervision of the day-to-day
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- General knowledge of fundraising protocols
- Certified Raiser’s Edge user with moderate to advanced skills
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Embody professionalism, responsibility, maturity, and accountability
- Ability to work independently and function as a positive team member.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving.
- Relate well to varied clientele, donors, staff, and volunteers.
- Adaptable to changing demands/deadlines/priorities
- Outgoing, enterprising, persuasive, and creative
- Ability to present quality projects for approval/feedback and meet stated deadlines.
- Strong planning and execution skills. Ability to change direction quickly if situations change.
- Ability to absorb constructive criticism well.
- Proactively ask questions when a task/project is unclear.
- Success with mastering technology and using it to gain efficiency.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/general public.
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell.
- Ability to move 25 pounds.
Position requires the incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. In addition, the candidate must be able to pass a drug test and have a clear background check.
We offer very competitive benefits, including paid time off, medical, life and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k)-retirement plan. Employees are eligible for discounted onsite childcare.
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include salary expectations.
If preferred, you may mail/fax your resume to:
St. Luke’s Community House, 5601 New York Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (615) 350-7895
No phone calls please
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: April 11, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $42,000-$48,000