Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency
Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency is seeking a Deputy Director. This position is an integral part of the senior management team and works closely with the Executive Director (ED) and the Board of Directors (BOD) in the strategic operations of the Agency. The Deputy Director will have both internal and external facing responsibilities and will partner closely with the ED to chart MCCAA’s future growth and success. Candidate will be expected to travel throughout 7 county service area as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer everyday functions for agency
- Coordinate with ED to implement all administrative strategies within required timeframe and regulations
- Coordinate with ED to prepare long term strategies to achieve goals and evaluate performance of various fundraising programs
- Coordinate with ED and senior leadership to develop, revise, and ensure implementation and compliance with communication, fiscal, and personnel policies and procedures
- Ensure all units within agency are working together to achieve the greatest impact within the community
- Evaluate program and financial statements on monthly basis, reviewing for compliance, tracking trends, and making corrections or recommendations as needed
- Work with Program Directors, Finance Department, and ED to assist with budgets, program & fiscal reporting, planning, and compliance.
- Analyze and forecast for ED, BOD, and Program Directors.
- Provides ED and BOD with monthly reports and facilitates an open forum for discussion, problem solving, and transparency.
- Compliance with regulations of state and federal regulations, grant guidelines, and MCCAA policies.
- Monitor staff activities according to existing policies and procedures
- Develop and/or review existing, new, and prospective program grants, financial contracts, and provider agreements.
- Collaborate with staff and evaluate programs and activity performance and maintain competency in agency policies as well as state, federal, and grant requirements
- In coordination with ED and Planning Department manage communication, programs, and funding opportunities with foundations, grantors, funders, and community organizations
- Prepare program goals and objectives and evaluate progress and effectiveness of staff, providing support to all its members to achieve project deliverables within required timeframe and prepare work plans and grant deliverables as per requirement.
- Assist to develop various alliances, internally and externally, to achieve objectives
- Coordinate with various departments to schedule agenda for meetings and ensure compliance to all contract deliverables within required timeframe
- Collaborate with policy experts to resolve complex issues
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities
- Maintains confidentiality and security with proper and timely filing of all documents
- Coordinate with all senior directors to represent agency at various meetings
- Attend related meetings and participates in networking groups as necessary
- Participates in other duties as assigned
- Directly and/or indirectly supervises Program Directors as well as Human Resource, Finance, and Planning departments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures and applicable laws
- Mentoring, coaching, visible, approachable
- Planning, assigning, and directing of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Business, or related field required. Master’s Degree in the same disciplines strongly desired. The position requires 5-7 years’ experience in a senior management position in a non-profit, foundation, and/or governmental organization. Experience in strategic planning and resource development strongly preferred. Leadership or supervisory experience required. Experience with state and federal grants strongly encouraged. A combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered for the position.
The successful candidate is one with:
- Demonstrated track record delivering superior results, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people internally and externally at all levels; within for-profit, non-profit, or governmental; and from diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Ability to be transparent and direct, with substance
- Proven experience as self-starter, self -disciplined
- Demonstrated spark, imagination, creativity
- Ability to remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
- Passionate about Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency’s mission and impact
Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. This employer participates in E-Verify.
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insuance (100% paid for employee, Family Coverage Available at additional cost)
- Vision, Dental Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance
How to Apply
Resume should be submitted via Indeed or via email HR@Midcumberland.org. Please include Deputy Director in email subject.
- Date Posted: March 17, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 04/13/2020
- Salary Range: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00