Legal Aid of Middle Tennessee
Deputy Director of Development & Community Engagement
Legal Aid of Middle Tennessee
The Deputy Director of Development and Community Engagement (DDDCE) develops strategies and programs aligned to the firm’s strategic plan relating to community partnerships, community engagement, development, and communications. The DDDCE assists the Executive Director with strategic outreach, planned giving, corporate giving, and soliciting major gifts from individual donors as the chief development officer within the organization. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands (LASMTC) proactively plans, directs, and/or manages activities designed to create/maintain a favorable public image and effectively communicate the scope of services to the community. The DDDCE supervises and reviews the activities of the Grants Manager, Development Manager, Communications Manager, and LAS’ Public Relations Firm. This position is funded for the duration of the grant(s) and subsequent renewal may result in modification of job duties and responsibilities.
- Serving on the LAS Executive Leadership Team as a C-suite level visionary and implementer of all development, community engagement, and communication efforts, including grant administration oversight.
- Identifying potential business and organizational partners to engage strategically beyond volunteering: including possible grant opportunities, event sponsorships, or corporate gift-giving.
- Overseeing marketing and communication staff to develop, edit, and distribute Legal Aid Society’s community education materials, including the development of outreach strategies for distribution.
- Working with the public relations firm to identify media outlets for press releases, promotions, online fundraising, and social media and website content and design.
- Mentoring and elevating direct reports to ensure professional development and overall job satisfaction.
- Collaborating with the Practice Group Leaders, Managing Attorneys, and LAS’ Volunteer Lawyer Program (VLP) to develop strategies to promote and elevate special projects and initiatives that impact stakeholders.
- Working with the Practice Group Leaders, Managing Attorneys, and VLP to maintain program data and up-to-date information for grant writing and donor communication.
- Providing management of recurring reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing management information.
- Participating in internal committees, work groups, and other efforts to promote and improve LASMTC’s operations.
- Creating and executing an annual development plan to meet the organization’s strategic directives and goals, in collaboration with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Development Manager.
- 5-7 years of nonprofit administration experience, including administering
- government contracts and grants, and budget preparation.
- 3+ years of development and fundraising experience preferred.
- BA/BS degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel software.
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance coverage first day of employment, Life Insurance, Healthcare Savings Account, Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible, 401k plan, Vacation/Sick/Holiday Leave, Hybrid Work Schedule Eligible.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and three references (with email addresses and phone numbers) to our Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: The Deputy Director of Development and Community Engagement
- Date Posted: October 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other