YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
The Deputy Administrator is responsible for enhancing the administration of the Office of the President/CEO necessary for the YWCA’s continued success and growth. The Deputy Administrator is a thought partner to the President/CEO who thinks broadly and strategically, is detail-oriented, and organized about the implementation and structures necessary to move our vision into reality. The Deputy Administrator will be charged with the day-to-day management of the Office of the President/CEO and will provide support in cultivating key relationships, fundraising, and communications. The fundraising aspects of the position include the YW’s development efforts with this position supporting the CEO and the development team in cultivating donor growth and corporate sponsorships.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Cultivates close relationships between the Office of the President/CEO and Executive/Leadership Team members, and staff.
Outside the organization: Cultivates frequent close relationships with board members, business partners, donors, and public officials.
- Manages the day-to-day administrative affairs of the Office of the President/CEO. Helps key executives make consistent decisions by advising them of historical precedents, serving as a liaison between executives and the CEO.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team as a liaison to the Office of the President/CEO and assists in improving quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes in support of the organization’s mission.
- Enhances the Office of the CEO’s and agency’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains an efficient flow of information between all levels of the Office of the President/CEO’s internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of the organization’s plans and priorities.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining the cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Serves as the President/CEO’s liaison to the Board of Directors attends meetings and board events as a representative of the Office of the President/CEO. Annually sets Board of Director’s meetings and events calendar.
- Serves as the President/CEO’s liaison to the YWCA USA maintaining key relationships, managing the submission of mandatory reports while serving as the local administrator.
- Cultivates relationships made by the Office of the President/CEO and represents the President/CEO in the community.
- Develops and manages, in conjunction with the CFO or VP of Finance, the administration budget and other finances as associated with the Office of the President/CEO including light accounting work.
- Provides support for the Chief Operations Officer and Chief Development Officer, as needed.
- Increases job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Responds to and handles confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Serves as a Notary Public.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree and eight to ten years of experience in supporting a senior-level executive or an Associate’s degree with more than ten plus years of experience in executive assistant-related work.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time working on the computer.
- Requires visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of assigned work.
- Requires talking/listing, pulling/pushing, stooping, lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Extended working hours and travel may be necessary.
The position requires the incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and a clean driving record for the last three years.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives and to coordinate a high volume of diverse assignments.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations or people.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- High follow-through with excellent attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency in technology and software programs.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
The YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “”At-Will”.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: May 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk