Deaf and Hard of Hearing Counselor
The Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Counselor will be responsible for ensuring seamless program delivery, quality management and evaluation of DHH programs and services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet the essential functions and job responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands and follows written protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Aware of key measures and responsibilities to fulfill grant and/or funding requirements.
- Develops and implements key measurements
- Implements program directives
- Facilitates developmentally appropriate individual and support group education and support sessions for students who may be experiencing one or more of the following issues:
- Dating and relationship violence
- Favorable attitudes towards alcohol and other drugs
- Gender orientation
- Low self esteem
- Mental health issues
- Poor social skills
- Rebelliousness and/or violent attitudes and behaviors
- School failure
- Substance use, abuse and addiction
- Suicidal ideation
- Provides case management and follow-up services with students, parents, school personnel and community professionals, which includes making appropriate referral services, as needed.
- Virtual sign language classes/education for families and DHH students
- Provides specialized services for students with special needs, including special education and deaf and hard of hearing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s Degree in counselingsocial work or other related field, required
- Master’s Degree in counselingsocial work or other related field, preferred
- Experience working with deaf youth required
- Proficiency in ASL & deaf culture required
- Must be willing to travel, have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance coverage for vehicle, as designated by STARS
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Apply here: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=STARS&cws=1&rid=221
- Date Posted: October 13, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/25/2021
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F