Renewal House seeks a highly qualified candidate for the part-time DCS Coordinator position. This position provides a variety of consultative, training, and assessment services for the Department of Children’s Services, Davidson County.
This position consults with DCS staff on cases involving substance use and abuse, provides training to DCS staff, and provides ongoing support and information regarding addiction and recovery. Additionally, this position assesses DCS clients to determine needs and makes referrals for services. As part of these services, the DCS Consultant maintains client records and prepares documents, such as reports and newsletters, monthly.
- Assess DCS-referred clients to determine needs and appropriateness for services and make recommendations for services.
- Provide referrals to clients.
- Obtain any necessary consents and releases.
- Provide quarterly training for DCS staff.
- Keep regular office hours at DCS offices in Davidson County.
- Participate in child and family team meetings.
- Maintain records of DCS consults and trainings.
- Prepare monthly reports related to screening calls, intake assessments, prospective client interviews and program referrals.
- Create monthly newsletter for DCS staff.
- Attend all DCS meetings as required by funder.
- Educate community about addiction recovery, as requested.
- Provide outpatient recovery support groups and individual support, as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with substance abuse, trauma, and/or co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Ability to use technology effectively to enter/obtain data and to produce required reports.
- Comfortable conducting outreach activities with DCS staff and other community stakeholders.
For part-time employees, Renewal House provides a generous paid time-off package, flexible scheduling, and professional development funding.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Savak Millis, Director of Program by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 615-255-4090.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 20 hours per week