Hands On Nashville
Hands On Nashville
The Database Coordinator (Coordinator) is responsible for the day-to-day configuration, maintenance, and improvement of Hands On Nashville’s Salesforce database (HandsOn Connect). The Coordinator provides customer service and technological support to HON’s community partners who use HandsOn Connect to recruit and manage volunteers.
About Hands On Nashville
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 200-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
- Care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
We believe that Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service.
- Oversees Hands On Nashville’s HandsOn Connect database, including user maintenance, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and objects, and documentation of customizations made.
- Provides technical support to HON’s community partners, including the approval of volunteer postings, user support, and partner record maintenance.
- Works with leadership team to identify, define, and implement standards of use, proactively seeks solutions to build capacity across the organization, and maintains clean data.
- Train users and grows HandsOn Connect use across the organization, including robust process documentation.
- Works with Leadership Team to integrate Salesforce with other platforms and tools
- Primary point of contact with external Salesforce and HandsOn Connect (HOC) teams; including managing data increases in times of disaster.
- In times of disaster, manages volunteer data from multiple sources, supports cross-system data flow, and conducts data entry in fast-paced environment
- Other duties as assigned
Universal HON Team Functions (Marginal)
- Represents HON in the community and provides the highest levels of customer service to volunteers, community partners, corporate partners, and all persons encountered during the course of other duties.
- Supports Hands On Nashville fundraising, outreach, and volunteer events.
- Provides volunteer leadership for disaster response activities, corporate projects and special events, as needed.
- Collaborates on the creation of promotional materials, social media content, and other story-telling needs.
- Participates in community volunteer efforts to improve understanding of the volunteer experience and community needs.
- Participates in staff team-building and professional development activities.
- High degree of proficiency in using cloud-based database systems, familiarity with Salesforce or other CRMs preferred.
- Motivated learner with relentless curiosity, excited to deep-dive and understand the inner workings of HON’s technology platforms.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects with competing deadlines.
- Superior capacity to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and provide exceptional customer service.
- Interest or experience in project and/or program management
- Bachelor’s degree with one year of relevant work experience.
- Criminal history background check clearance.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Staff are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
- Activities may include sitting or standing for long periods of time, as well as up to eight hours per day working at a computer.
- Ability to work occasional nights/weekends and to increase hours during disaster response activities. Some travel may be required.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- Affordable dental, vision, disability, and family coverage available
- 403(b) retirement plan with 1% match vested at 3 years’ service
- 15 days of PTO annually
- 10 days sick leave annually
- 40 hours of volunteer time off annually
- HON values our team members’ quality of life, encourages team members to find an effective balance of office-based and work-from-home hours, and allows occasional scheduling flexibility
- Fun, team-based environment
How to Apply
Send a resume and an email describing your interest in the position to Drew Himsworth, Senior Manager of Partner Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: April 8, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 05/02/2022
- Salary Range: 40,000 - 45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M - F