Family & Children's Service
The Data Specialist assists with the implementation and maintenance of databases, data collection systems, and strategies that optimize the efficiency and quality of data. In coordination with the Data Analytics Manager, this position helps maintain the data infrastructure to support operations, including reporting and quality assurance. This position will also support a partner nonprofit agency with database administration and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, refine, and generate reports on data and outcomes.
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Provide technical support for end users for databases and data collection systems.
- Assist in quality assurance reporting by filtering and cleaning data to locate and correct problems.
- Troubleshoot systems to ensure error-free functionality and end-user satisfaction by conducting research on specific issues related to individual queries or systemic issues.
- Provide case summaries to leadership for follow-up review and action.
- Create data visualizations, including dashboards, flowcharts, and graphs.
- Assists in deciding how to best present information to reveal the most relevant insights.
- Undertake operational research to identify and recommend optimal/near-optimal solutions to complex challenges.
- Assists with agency-wide IT security education and risk prevention.
- Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical or social science field with interest in nonprofit work. Requires knowledge of and experience with development, querying, and reporting in SQL or SaaS databases. Experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets such as Excel required. Experience with advanced analytics software, such as Power BI or Tableau, or other software such as Microsoft Power Automate or SharePoint preferred, but not required.
This position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
Submit resume and salary requirements to:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Fax to 615-866-5122 OR
- Date Posted: May 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services