United Way of Greater Nashville
Data Specialist – PT
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Data Specialist is responsible for providing excellent service to internal and external customers. This individual will initiate and drive completion of projects and create improvement on processes that enhance performance and goals around individual fundraising and revenue reporting. This individual supports and works closely with all members of the Workplace Engagement and Finance team/IT.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
Data Specialist Tasks:
- Identifies and resolves common problems, issues, or concerns with individual and corporate donors.
- Utilizes several database platforms including (but not limited to), ANDAR, Enterprise, eWay and ePledge, for seeking out data on individual and corporate donors.
- Develops measurable solutions in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze trends, areas for growth and potential risks through data analysis on annual campaign.
- Analyzes and maintains donor information to ensure data integrity and accuracy, such as pledge/payment adjustments, demographic data, accounts receivable and credit balance reports, etc.
- Effectively presents information to team and corporate partners as requested.
- Provides accurate reports and meets project deadlines.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 3 years of equivalent experience in this field
- 3 years in a data driven position
- Project Management
- Proficiency with CRM systems and Microsoft office
- Ability to manage time and individual schedule
- Work well in a team environment
- Obtain knowledge of a process and execute the strategy
- Written, verbal, and technological communication
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Willingness to listen and learn from respective teammates
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Brand Advocate: Conducts themselves in a manner that promotes integrity, trust and strong ethics, to protect the reputation and results of UWGN
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteer, advocate, and give
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships internally and externally through communication efforts with external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, and organizational stakeholders in efforts to generate enthusiasm of UWGN’s work; demonstrates credibility in all interactions; and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts by understanding what motivates individuals and organizations to grow and sustain funding
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that capitalize on opportunities to build support for Finance, Health and Education, by developing relationships that drive results
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it; plan and deliver communication that makes an impact and persuades the audience.
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management, setting priorities, and managing project plans
- Initiative and Self-motivation: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Stress Tolerance: Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis; Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance; Seeks support from others when necessary and uses appropriate coping techniques
- Team Work: Works collaboratively with other to achieve goals and objectives; continually tries to improve team effectiveness; hold self and others accountable for team performance; motivates and encourages all members to work together in order to achieve maximum results; Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals; effectively interacts with others
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated, working in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- **Note** this position is hybrid 3 days in office, 2 day work from home
United Way of Greater Nashville offers competitive salaries and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: May 5, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 05/31/2023
- Working Hours: M - F, ; 8:00-4:30