Governor's Early Literacy Foundation
Governor's Early Literacy Foundation
POSITION SUMMARY – Data Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person. PLEASE read this carefully to determine if this might be you.
Reporting directly to the Vice President/COO, the Data Manager maintains up-to-date, organized data and information for the foundation. Duties include:
- Leading the effort to build and integrate Salesforce with accounting, fundraising, and program management software solutions to streamline the foundation’s processes
- Presenting solutions to collect, store, and organize data and information in an efficient, effective, and secure means that will benefit the foundation long term
- Analyzing data to ensure it meets quality standards so it can be used to help the foundation meet its goals, such as to conduct research, implement programs, market results, etc.
- Ensuring data collection and storage meet all State and Federal privacy regulations and guidelines.
- Compiling and sharing data reports that are required for grants, fundraising proposals, financial filings, etc.
- Collaborating with internal and external partners to communicate about data needs, discrepancies, issues, and/or questions, including serving as the liaison between research partners and the foundation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an experienced Data Manager to oversee the development and use of data systems. You will discover efficient ways to gather, organize, store, and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality. A great Data Manager can fully grasp the complexity of data management and the important role it plays in helping the foundation reach its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Salesforce, data analysis procedures and maintenance, and the interconnectedness of robust data and integrity. You will be tech-savvy, possess excellent troubleshooting skills, and have strong attention to detail. A primary goal of the Data Manager is to ensure that information flows accurately, timely, and securely to and from the organization, as well as within it.
This new position within the Foundation provides the opportunity to build the necessary infrastructure for this role in collaboration with our COO and team in support of our statewide early literacy initiatives. The Foundation strives to provide a supportive and engaging team culture focused on openness, optimism, professional growth, and stewardship of resources.
- Design and implement policies for effective data management
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy
- Devise efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical and legal requirements
- Establish protocols and processes for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support other team members in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and foundation standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Be the key team member for data-related questions and needs for internal and external partners
- Other tasks as assigned
- Proven experience as a data manager
- Detailed understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in Salesforce and MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- An ability to work cross-functionally and be supportive to multiple teams
- Extensive Salesforce experience or certifications a plus
- Familiarity with Tableau is desirable
- BS/BA in computer science or relevant field
Reports to: Vice President
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- An ability to explain complex, technical information in a non-technical, easy-to-understand way
- Technical skills to carry out the daily protocols and processes for data management tasks
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Allowable Substitutions: A combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education/experience at the organization’s discretion.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- TN Consolidated Retirement
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply, please follow this LINK.
- Complete the Predictive Index assessment and cognitive assessment.
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
- Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone or email for in-person interviews.
- Date Posted: July 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: 55-65,000
- Working Hours: Monday Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm