Data and Outcomes Manager
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Data and Outcomes Manager directs and oversees data management for the organization’s service delivery programs and conducts analysis of the organization’s outputs and outcomes critical to decision-making. Position provides subject matter expertise for the organization’s information management and provides key insights to senior management for strategic planning and project management. He or she works closely with program staff to create high quality reports and communications around data and progress toward strategic goals and desired outputs and outcomes. They guide program staff in creating and improving data collection and information management processes to support strategic planning and assessment of desired outputs and outcomes. They work closely with development staff to provide data in response to donor/grant requirements. The position conducts other activities as directed by the Chief Operating Officer to support organizational mission accomplishment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee service delivery program IT platforms and databases.
2. Oversee quality and data integrity processes. Work with program staff to improve data collection and information management processes.
3. Compile and process service delivery program data and demographic data of Veterans served by the organization.
4. Analyze service delivery program data and Veteran demographic data; determine key trends.
5. Generate high quality reports to include presentations with visualizations on service delivery data, Veteran demographic data and desired outputs and outcomes.
6. Produce and maintain operating dashboard.
7. Measure service delivery program data and Veteran demographic data against strategic goals and desired outputs and outcomes.
8. Locate and research background data on relevant Veteran population demographics and environmental (political, economic, social, technology, legal) factors.
9. Assist program managers and development staff with the development of data collection tools, such as surveys and evaluations.
10. Fuse service delivery program data with key research and trends to develop key insights for decision-making by the C-Suite and program managers.
11. Support development staff with reports on service delivery program data, Veteran demographics and environmental factors.
12. Participate in and provide SME to organizational strategic planning and project management.
13. Support organizational outreach, development and networking operations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor ’s Degree, or higher, in business, management or related fields. Five years’ experience in output/outcome analysis and data management of a nonprofit, foundation or government agency preferred.
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Veteran preferred.
- Certification in data analysis preferred.
- Excellent research and analytical ability and knowledge of various research approaches and methods.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate their meanings.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills, solid verbal communications.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Intermediate technical skills in data visualization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management and systems.
- Very comfortable with statistics and application of statistics.
- Solid organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
This position is full-time salaried at 40 hours/week. Benefits include a liberal paid time off policy, 401K and limited healthcare plan.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: December 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/11/2021
- Salary Range: $45,000-50,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week