Growing nonprofit arts organization seeks part-time Dance Instructor
We are looking for an enthusiastic dance educator to join our team in the Nashville area. This position is right for someone who loves working with children and has a passion for creative dance instruction based on Ballet technique and Contemporary foundations.
Saturday availability is a must, so please apply only if you will be available to work most Saturdays from approximately 8:15 a.m. to noon beginning January 2024.
We create, teach, support, and share dance at our East Nashville studio and throughout Nashville. As we approach our 15th anniversary, we are seeking to grow our team of highly qualified and talented dance instructors.
The Dance Instructor will work closely with our Education Director to help students between the ages of 2 and 17 develop knowledge and skills in dance while experiencing the joy of the beautiful art form.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
- Passion for the arts (and for dance in particular)
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructing dance
- Genuine desire to teach young children
- Friendly and professional
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- Adaptable and fast to respond
- Teach Creative Movement and Primary Dance classes for students ages 2.5-7.
- Work with the Education Director to follow the studio curriculum when teaching.
- Offer enthusiastic, positive, and supportive instruction for students.
- Prepare students for/participate in Spring dance showcase(s)
- Teach Ballet, Pointe, Modern, and Contemporary classes for students ages 8-17.
Optional (but desirable):
- Teach Tap and/or Jazz classes for children.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Ballet and Contemporary dance required
- Proficiency in other genres (Modern, Tap, Jazz, etc.) desirable
- Degree in dance or experience commensurate with formal education
- Experience teaching dance, especially to young children (age 2 and up)
East Nashville area, in a well-known and respected dance education studio
- Opportunities for free/reduced-price access to high-quality dance and Pilates lessons
- Access to free/reduced-price rehearsal space
- Fun and collaborative work environment
We value diversity. Access to the arts builds empathy and creates cohesiveness in communities. We want and need people from all backgrounds and experiences to help us fulfill our mission to make access to the arts – and most specifically dance – a right rather than a privilege. Our team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of culture that we are building, seeking team members who are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting one another.
DancEast Collective is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives through dance.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, a dance reel (preferably with footage that includes active dance instruction rather than just performance), and a note telling us a little about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
- Date Posted: November 7, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 01/13/2024
- Salary Range: $50/hr (minimum)
- Working Hours: 5-10 hrs/week (with opportunity to increase)