TN Society of CPAs
Customer Service Associate
TN Society of CPAs
Title: Customer Service Associate (Receptionist)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Part-time; Non-Exempt
The Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants is the state professional organization for certified public accountants who are principally employed or reside in Tennessee. The society’s membership is comprised of over 10,000 members in industry, government, business, education, and public accounting. With more than 100 years of service to the accounting profession, TSCPA acts on behalf of its members and provides support, enabling its members to perform quality professional services while serving the public interest. TSCPA offices are located at 201 Powell Place, Brentwood, TN 37027.
This position serves as TSCPA customer service agent and first point of contact for members, prospects, vendors, and external inquiries.
In office, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. three days a week.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Primary customer service agent and first point of contact on main phone line and at front desk for members, prospective members, vendors and external groups.
- Check general TSCPA email mailbox and night voicemail daily and distribute to appropriate staff when necessary.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Opening, date stamping and distributing incoming mail.
- Log incoming checks on cash receipts log.
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding continuing education programs, membership, and dues payments.
- Enter event registrations received via phone calls.
- Assist with assembling CPE packets (sponsors, exhibitors, committees, conferences, on-site promotion, course administrators, etc.) and event badge preparation.
- Assist with data entry including speaker evaluations.
- Staffing registration table at CPE events held at the TSCPA meeting center.
- Serve as contact for all events held in the TSCPA Meeting Center.
- Assist with administering TSCPA CPE courses and conferences held in the TSCPA Meeting Center
- Point of contact for outside group needs regarding catering, thermostat control, and copying services.
- Stock meeting center supplies and perform daily post-event clean up.
- Place catering orders and assist with onsite catering needs for all events held in the TSCPA Meeting Center and serve as contact for meeting center vendors.
- Assist with Finance, Membership, CPE, or other mailings as needed (assembling, stuffing, postage).
- Fulfill orders for the Communications team.
- Perform daily closing tasks (lights, dishwasher, locking doors, etc.).
- Provide administrative support to CEO and COO as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
- Administrative Assistant, receptionist or office manager experience preferred.
A generous and competitive benefits package is available to eligible employees.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to Jim Layman, C.O.O., email@example.com
- Date Posted: April 13, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 05/17/2021
- Working Hours: 8:00am - 5pm, 3 days a week