Advocates for Women's and Kids' Equality (AWAKE)
Advocates for Women’s and Kids’ Equality (AWAKE) advocates for the advancement of women and kids in Tennessee through education and policy change. We are a grassroots nonprofit that makes an impact through bottom-up and top-down approaches to changemaking. This position is designed to support our small staff with education programming needs. If you are passionate about education, this is an excellent opportunity to teach about self and community advocacy to students across Middle TN!
We deliver our I Am an Advocate program to individuals receiving services from partner agencies including kids enrolled in after-school programs and women in rehabilitation programs for domestic violence, sexual exploitation, and a history of drug use. The goal of AWAKE’s education program is to teach students to be advocates for themselves and for others in their community. Your role with AWAKE would be to lead program delivery to students alongside AWAKE volunteers.
Commitment: Ongoing; 5-10 hours/week of remote work with virtual check-ins. Program sessions are typically in the late afternoon/early evenings. Please note: this program will begin to be delivered in person when Covid conditions improve.
Compensation: $25/hour plus mileage reimbursement when sessions resume in person
Supervisor: AWAKE Programs Director
- Deliver AWAKE’s I Am an Advocate program to students on a virtual platform. Typically, the program is delivered on a weekly basis for 6 weeks. Each session is one hour in duration. Two or more sessions may run concurrently within the same week.
- Facilitate pre- and post-program surveys to students.
- Collect data with accuracy and fidelity to show program progress and completion through measurable and distinguishable means (method and tools will be provided by Programs Director).
- Assist Programs Director with education programming strategy, management, and implementation as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, social work, or a related field
- At least one year of teaching experience
- Familiarity with virtual platforms including Zoom
- Belief in the mission, vision, and values of AWAKE
- Understanding/interest in social justice and advocacy highly encouraged
No benefits offered
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Education Specialist Application” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: December 14, 2020
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth