TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Use proprietary computer-based systems to perform work duties.
- Prioritize tasks based on the needs of the agency.
- Work tasks as assigned daily in support of the CRM unit to effectively support the workload as required.
- Collaborate with the Human Resource Liaison(s) and Business Security by submitting timely requests for new hires and change requests through Service Now.
- Ensure seamless onboard and exit experience by coordinating new hire information requests and ensures that all exited criteria have been accomplished as required.
- Monitor email communication submitted by external customers ensuring, timely response and follow-up is completed.
- Develop, update, and maintain a variety of tracking spreadsheets that support and promote maxim business process efficiency.
- Continuously review current business processes and develop new methods of tracking schedules, equipment, and other various documents to promote efficient processes.
- Monitor various TEDs system reports to assist Director/Administrator with identifying workload trends.
- Conduct daily reviews of all TEDs system reports as related to production and report escalate issues to the Director/Administrator as required.
- Format, distribute and consolidate various punch lists and special projects ensuring timeliness guidelines and project goals are satisfied.
- Attend Staff meetings with peers and one on one meetings with supervisor.
- Strive to improve professional skills and knowledge through continuous learning.
- Participate in other training opportunities as assigned by manager.
The minimum qualifications are listed on the state of Tennessee’s Careers page link: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
To see all the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees, go to the TN.gov Benefits page: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
To apply for this job or see other opportunities at TennCare, visit the state of Tennessee’s Careers page today: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
- Date Posted: July 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government