Crisis to Housing Case Manager
To actively participate in the crisis to housing continuum at Oasis towards the end goal of making homelessness for youth and young adults (ages 13-24) rare, brief and one time. This position specifically provides assessments, safety planning (with youth and support people- family, teachers, DCS workers etc.), and case management, housing navigation and coordinated entry services to homeless/street youth in the Metro Nashville area. There are a few hours a week that this position could be involved with other case managers doing street canvasing.
- Provide screening, assessments and safety planning to youth and young adults who are experiencing homelessness, have runaway and/or fleeing violence.
- Work closely with families to strengthen relationships and work toward family reunification when appropriate
- Assist youth in creating plans to leave/avoid homelessness and support them in goal obtainment
- Provide support to youth who have entered as short term living situation (Host Home, Youth Shelter) with the plan to move toward longer term stability.
- Help to build and implement strong internal collaborations that maximize Oasis resources for young people.
- Assist youth formally and informally as they master life skills, included but not limited to: job readiness, communication skills, transportation, budgeting.
- Provide referral services and follow-through with appropriate adjunct services, including: mental health services, medical, housing, etc. as needed.
- Learn and operate from a trauma informed/positive youth development approach to foster a safe healing environment to enable youth to overcome their life challenges.
- Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth – specifically including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Ability to apply Motivational Interviewing principals and operate from a Trauma Informed Care approach.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge and ability to access community resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Amanda Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Date Posted: September 14, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 32K- 36K