Crisis Hotline Counselor – Nashville, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our Specialized Crisis Services program serves children and adolescents under the age of 18 who are experiencing a crisis- suicidal, homicidal, physical aggression, or psychosis. The program specializes in working with the client, family, and other systemic key participants to assess the risks versus the protective factors to keep the client and others safe. Specialized Crisis Services provides services 24/7 year-round and strives to use the least restrictive environment. The Youth Villages’ SCS Program uses a systematic treatment model where interventions are parent focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups; training staff intensively in conducting assessment, crisis management, in-home treatment, and respite care.
- Manage the 24 hour triage crisis lines
- Responsible for dispatching the counselors into the community to respond to calls
- De-escalate and screen calls for safety
- Complete brief multi-systemic assessments of crisis situations by phone
- Document calls and follow up with families as necessary and appropriate
- We are looking for dedicated, creative, compassionate candidates that are able to recognize and preserve the dignity of those we serve and work cooperatively with the community.
- Schedules vary and will be discussed in greater detail during the interview process
- Youth Villages responds to crisis calls across the state however the triage teams are solely based out of Knoxville and Nashville, TN
- A Master’s Degree in a social services discipline is required
- Will consider applicants within 6 months of receiving master’s
- Degrees that can be considered include: social work, counseling, psychology, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- A minimum of one year experience counseling children and families is required
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
How to Apply
Ready to apply? Use this link! Crisis Hotline Counselor in Nashville, Tennessee | Careers at Nashville, TN (icims.com)
- Date Posted: September 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 41,000 - 48,000