Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader – AmeriCorps Member
Hands On Nashville
The Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader (Leader) participates in a yearlong term (1,700 hours) of AmeriCorps service supporting Turnip Green Creative Reuse’s (TGCR) mission of diverting materials from the landfill by accepting donations from businesses and individuals.
The Leader takes an active role in developing, scheduling, and leading volunteer tours, meet-ups, itineraries, curriculum, and special event programming for children and adults, providing excellent customer service for Nashville’s diverse community.
The Leader serves as part of a 23-person cohort of civic-minded individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between TGCR and the Hands On Nashville (HON) AmeriCorps Program.
- Develop and implement strong and inclusive volunteer curriculum, programming, and training guides for staff and volunteers serving TGCR
- Create videos and digital content to promote volunteerism and increase visibility
- Assist with coordinating volunteers, and develop stronger systems for volunteer management and evaluation
- Develop an online volunteer registration tool for easy website utilization to increase volunteer participation and outreach
- Connect with organizations to schedule, track, evaluate, and facilitate volunteer groups and tours
- Plan and implement engaging events geared toward increasing volunteer options
- Develop marketing strategy to promote volunteer programs
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities for volunteers
- Create and administer surveys enabling TGCR to gauge the impact and effectiveness of volunteers on the organization
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about sustainability
- Creative, with an interest in art and education
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 17, 2020-August 8, 2021)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
HON does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.
- Living allowance of $17,000, paid bi-weekly throughout the term of service
- Education award of $6,095, applicable to student loans and/or future education expenses at an accredited institution, upon fulfillment of service obligations
- Healthcare coverage, if elected
- Childcare benefits, if eligible
- Professional development training and ample networking opportunities
How to Apply
Apply online at my.americorps.gov
For more information, please contact:
Nicki Avila email@example.com
About Turnip Green Creative Reuse:
Turnip Green Creative Reuse’s mission is to foster creativity and sustainability through reuse. We believe everyone deserves access to education & materials. We do this by:
- Valuing teachers and artists.
- Fostering, educating, and inspiring the practice of reduce, reuse then recycle.
- Recognizing that everyone deserves the opportunity for a creative experience and to be inspired in a safe and welcoming community.
HON builds capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through support from the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
- Date Posted: May 14, 2020
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 08/17/2020
- Working Hours: 35-40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm