Creative Content and Project Manager
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
Area of Responsibility: Marketing
Wage Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Position Summary: The Creative Content and Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all graphic design and multimedia projects, the output and deliverables of Nashville Ballet’s Virtual Season, and generating digital and visual content to support Nashville Ballet’s audience engagement, community outreach, and School of Nashville Ballet enrollment efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Management of Graphic Design and Multimedia Projects
- Lead and oversee planning and execution of projects assigned to graphic designers, photographers, and videographers. This includes but is not limited to videos, internal and external collateral, web art for NashvilleBallet.com and Virtual Performance Portal, season ticket campaign materials, Annual Report, photo shoots, merchandise items, and programs.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external project stakeholders to ensure all parties are on track with project requirements. This includes managing expectations, resolving issues when they arise, and facilitating smooth cross-department collaboration to achieve project goals.
- Onboard, manage, and provide support to contract graphic designer, photographers, and videographers. This includes monitoring hours logged to ensure project stays within assigned budget and coordinating internal resources like booking studio time, compiling assets, editing copy, leading review process, and assisting with the release of final files.
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation including RFPs, contracts, and invoices.
- Lead weekly Design Project Status meetings and maintain Design Project Tracking document to ensure timely production schedule, provide status updates at cross-department meetings.
- Facilitate the internal approval process for all photography and videography. Ensure all designs and digital assets are archived in an organized fashion.
- With the help of graphic designer, maintain company graphic standards documents to ensure brand consistency and quality standards across the organization.
- Virtual Season and Website
- Facilitate the release of Nashville Ballet’s Virtual Season through the Virtual Performance Portal. This includes pulling audience lists, coordinating pre-performance intro videos and credit slides, creating the digital program, and coordinating final file upload.
- Utilize SquareSpace to update the Virtual Performance Portal and assist in maintaining NashvilleBallet.com.
- Develop strategies to establish and grow virtual audiences, lead and execute efforts around virtual audience engagement, and create tracking mechanisms to monitor goals.
- Assist the Box Office and Marketing Coordinator in building virtual event infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the Public Relations Manager on email campaigns and publicity opportunities.
- Creative Content Production
- Identify opportunities to produce storytelling visual content that promotes and provides a deeper understanding of Nashville Ballet’s diverse programming, with a special focus on the Virtual Season.
- Attend rehearsals, outreach events, and school classes to capture photo and video content for use in marketing, educational, and fundraising efforts.
- Events, Shop, and Administrative Responsibilities
- Front of House and Event Staffing
- Coordination of Front of House and Shop staffing to ensure the smooth operation of the house and lobby during the run of show, assist with lobby set-up and break-down
- Communicate with TPAC Front of House staff to manage program and insert deliveries.
- Represent Nashville Ballet at promotional tabling events, selling tickets and interfacing with the public to provide information.
- Nashville Ballet Shop
- Work closely with Box Office and Marketing Coordinator to maintain accurate inventory records of the Shop at Nashville Ballet.
- Ensure that The Shop at Nashville Ballet set up and sales run smoothly on-site at the Martin Center and off-site at performances.
- Fulfill any other administrative tasks assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Front of House and Event Staffing
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulder. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this document is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, circumstances may require that other, or different tasks be performed (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Work Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in project management or communication
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manage well under stress and maintain a solutions-oriented, proactive, and decisive attitude
- Ability to multitask with high attention to detail
- Work autonomously to execute daily tasks, and as a member of a group to achieve strategic goals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage other employees
- Background in dance, fine arts, or entertainment a plus
Experience: at least 3 years experience in marketing, project management, digital media, fine arts, or other relevant work experience.
Equipment: standard office equipment including computer and software, phone, copier, etc. Special consideration to applicants who have experience with Adobe design software, video editing, SquareSpace, and various social media platforms. Competency on both PC and MAC platform preferred.
Health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time, 401k
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and two examples of digital projects you have brought to fruition or visuals you have created and/or managed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Creative Content and Project Manager.” No calls, please.
- Date Posted: July 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture