Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied exists to provide opportunities for all to experience God’s unconditional love, forgiveness, and life-transforming power. Mercy’s residential counseling program is voluntary, biblically-based, and helps young women ages 13-32 break free from life-controlling issues and situations, including anxiety, depression, abuse, eating disorders, self-harm, addictions, unplanned pregnancy, and sex trafficking. These residential services are offered free-of-charge. In September of 2020, Mercy Multiplied launched its first Mercy Multiplied Center for Wellness and Counseling in Monroe/West Monroe, LA offering free-out of charge outpatient counseling to that community. Our Outreach Services train and resource men and women to effectively support and minister to those who are hurting and struggling through workshops, videos, podcasts, discipleship teaching, and other practical resources.
The staff at Mercy Multiplied is a team of talented, fun, and hardworking people across four U.S. locations who work together to serve one mission: to provide opportunities and resources for all to experience God’s unconditional love, forgiveness, and life-transforming power.
We are looking for skilled, enthusiastic, service-minded people for our team. In addition to being a part of a mission that is greater than themselves, staff enjoy the following:
- Opportunities to exercise their faith working alongside a supportive team of believers
- Sessions led by dynamic Bible teachers and Christian speakers and authors brought in from all over the world
- Jeans every day and a casual dress code on Fridays
- Work-life balance
- A generous period of paid time off during the Christmas holiday
- Great work environment and office spaces
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Counsel with assigned residents weekly
• Lead counselees through Choices that Bring Change and complete all associated paperwork
• Ability to work with minors and/or pregnant residents and their families
• Maintain electronic file for each resident
• Address and confront resident issues when appropriate
• Teach/monitor Bible class and lead discussion and prayer with residents as needed
• Communicate residents’ progress with parents/guardians/support people on a regular basis and ensure family sessions are being conducted throughout a resident’s stay
• Facilitate group counseling as scheduled
• Meet with the medical/wellness team regularly regarding the resident’s medication, medical status, and/or mental health concerns
• Follow all policies and procedures regarding proper documentation
• Maintain proper licensure in your appropriate field, and ensure you meet all state requirements for providing counseling services within the state of which you are located.
Reports to: Director of Counseling
Education: Must have (or be in the process of completing via Internship) a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related field. Must be eligible, or able to be eligible, for licensure in state for which the residential home is located, e.g., LPC, LMFT. (Mercy is able to provide LPC board-approved supervision for licensure, if necessary.)
Skills: Basic office skills (typing, filing, etc.) and ability to multi-task. Capable of handling a counseling load of 9-11 female residents, able to work quickly and efficiently, excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to be concise and direct. Incumbent should be able to confront and address negative behavior and must be a team player who is flexible and able to use sound judgment on a consistent basis. Must have solid Biblical knowledge and be Spirit-filled. Must be flexible and available to be on call when scheduled. Must have a thorough understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Mercy Multiplied, along with demonstrated Christian work ethics.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following information via our website, https://mercymultiplied.com/employment-opportunities.
• Cover letter sharing your heart
• Personal testimony (only one page please)
• Salary requirements
• Where you found job posting
Only qualified candidates need apply (no phone calls please).
Mercy Multiplied hires and employs individuals who live a life conducive to Christian principles.
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Religious
- Salary Range: $20/hour
- Working Hours: 36 hours per week