Corrections Navigation Specialist
In this role, you will work closely with people living with HIV who have been recently or are currently incarcerated to ensure a seamless transition to/from HIV primary care upon release to the community and/or re-engagement into the corrections system. You will work with the Tennessee Departments of Health and Corrections to establish and maintain an effective system of corrections health navigation, including pre-release planning, facility and staff education, HIV counseling and testing and early intervention services in order to link essential medical care and community support services.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide HIV counseling and testing services within corrections and medical facilities (to include services set-up, ongoing quality assurance and improvement activities) and linkage for HIV positive clients, family members and significant others to specific HIV medical and social services available
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of services provided in compliance with agency confidentiality and quality assurance standards, Ryan White program requirements and enter all required data into reporting system
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and potential correctional, community, medical and social services providers to increase continuity of care
- Coordinate and provide services that strengthen the capacity of individuals living with HIV exiting the correctional facility to achieve successful community reentry with a focus on addressing barriers to reentry and services that facilitate maintaining/achieving positive medical outcomes
- Provide education and resources at agency and program events as well as clinical screening sites
- Create and monitor individual client care plans to remove barriers to sustained HIV medical services
- Conduct comprehensive health/risk assessments for clients who reside in and exit the correctional facility; including readiness for care, service planning, monitoring, and follow up activities based on need for up to 6 months after initiation of corrections navigation services
- Works with internal team of care providers to identify and establish contact with key populations, correctional, medical and social services providers in the community to enhance system navigation for PLWH
- Associate’s degree in Health and Human Services or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience coordinating and providing services directly to clients within a correctional setting
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally and to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with clients, families and co-workers
- Flexibility with regard to work hours
- Demonstrated familiarity with computers and MS Office software (Outlook, Word) and effective time management and organization skills
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business
- Must be able to pass prison and jail background check consisting of NCIC, TCIC, and FBI to enter facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other Human Services degree
- Demonstrate sound understanding of HIV and a strong grasp of community resources
(medical, mental health, and social service delivery systems) available to individuals living with HIV
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 11 paid holidays and more.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 2, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services