Rural Health of TN
Coordinator, Workforce Development and Support
Rural Health of TN
About Rural Health Association of Tennessee:
RHA of TN is a 501(c)3 non-profit with the mission to improve the health of rural Tennesseans through advocacy, education, and service. As a member-driven organization, the goal of the association is to serve as a trusted resource to our members, partners, and the public so that together we may tackle Tennessee’s toughest public health issues.
The Coordinators are responsible for recruiting providers and participants into rural health workforce programs. A heavy focus is on apprenticeship programs that prepare individuals for work, access social determinants of health, and provide case management services through program completion.
We are hiring for coordinator positions in West, Middle and East TN. The coordinator for this position should be located in one of these areas and be able to support rural counties in that geographic proximity.
Outreach and Recruitment
- Partner with K-12 schools, HOSA programs, and afterschool programs to recruit and select candidates for pre-apprenticeship that covers basic soft skills, health education, and goal setting for youth entering the workforce.
- Recruit and support employers to register their apprenticeship program.
- Serve as a resource to employers in developing and retaining apprenticeship programs.
- Maintain and develop strong employer relationships, providing support as needed.
Reporting and Program Management
- Develop education and outreach plans to advance program goals.
- Coordinate the recruitment and enrollment of program participants and organize apprentice orientation and events.
- Assess participant’s job readiness and determine needs, providing mentorship, and assist participant with long and short term employment and educational goals.
- Support apprentices while in training and on the job, including monthly check-ins and facilitating peer-to-peer activities.
- Coordinate supportive services and provide follow-up services to program participants
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential employers and coordinates the placement of youth into apprenticeship opportunities
- Performs administrative functions (input and manage apprentice data in required membership and reporting systems, provide data and reporting to employer partners, etc.)
- Maintain all required documentation for DOL, grant reports, and RHA of TN leadership.
- Represent RHA of TN with local and state partners.
- Promote RHA of TN learning events in local communities.
Other Essential Functions
- Maintain a deep understanding of all programs and opportunities to share and promote.
- Work cross functionally with other RHA of TN staff to support all programs and organizational goals as identified by RHA of TN’s strategic plan and
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of grant proposals, reporting documents, and other correspondence, as necessary for federal, state and/or local funders.
- Attend relevant meetings and professional development workshops.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree preferred in community health, public health, behavioral health.
- Experience in community outreach, case management, networking preferred.
- Experience working with a remote team and remote management.
- Experience working with program delivery
- Position is full-time.
- Salary is $40 – $45k.
- 100% employee health insurance benefit option.
- Flexible work arrangements, remote
How to Apply
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter vai https://rhat.mcjobboard.net/jobs
- Date Posted: October 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 11/29/2021
- Salary Range: 40,000-45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F 8-4pm