United Way of Greater Nashville
Coordinator, Volunteer Academic Support
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: Responsible for providing access to academic intervention and support to students in 1st– 5th grade through community partnerships. Analyze assessment data to improve program and student performance. Assist teachers with training, resources, and classroom support. Assess the Raise Your Hand models within selected schools in addition to manage, recruit, and assign volunteer tutors. This position works closely with Local Education Agencies and Community-based Organizations administrators for out-of-school time tutoring.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position. Some evening work and travel to program sites are required.
Performance responsibilities include:
- Work with Principals and coaches to coordinate Raise Your Hand tutoring out-of-school time operations, activities, and services.
- Order student snacks and monitor inventory. Purchase student / supplies kits.
- Serve as liaison with instructional / administrative staff and volunteers.
- Recruit, train and manage new and current volunteer tutors.
- Oversee the background check process, payment coupon and verify volunteers background checks are cleared prior to school assignment and conduct weekly site visit for relationship building.
- Create impact reports for community stakeholders and track volunteer service hours.
- Attend school district meetings, stay abreast of best practices, and advocate for public policy across the elementary and middle grades continuum.
- Create teacher/tutor weekly schedules and volunteer placements.
- Work with ELA’s to confirm all student Identification numbers and records are submitted.
- Provide support for supplemental instruction, resources and program handbooks and handouts to volunteers and teachers to achieve goals
- Oversee data management systems (assigned a super user account on Zearn).
- Analyzes and prepares reports from student assessment data as it relates to individual student performance, attendance, and subject improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and training requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education, human resources, business or public administration, psychology or a related field.
- Knowledge of and experience in education programs and systems. Leadership skills and experience, including managing volunteers, or community-based initiatives.
- Excellent communications skills, including meeting facilitation, public speaking, and presentation skills, and writing skills.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and relationship building with community partners. Strong decision-making skills with use of good judgement in recognizing scope of authority.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the internet.
- Perform complex work with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to remain calm and respectful, is an essential skill working with students.
- Empathy to show compassion towards students who struggle with learning and retaining information.
- Practice active listening to help every program member feel heard and valued.
- Problem-solving, the ability to identify a problem and create solutions, contributes to a beneficial tutoring experience for teachers/ volunteers / students.
- Time management with the ability to manage time productively.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive benefits and salary.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Date Posted: December 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 01/23/2023
- Working Hours: M - F, ; 8:00-4:30