Tennessee Legal Community Foundation
Coordinator of Young Lawyers Division and Law Student Development for Tennessee Bar Association
Tennessee Legal Community Foundation
Under general direction, facilitates and coordinates meetings, projects and activities of TBA Young Lawyers Division (YLD), TBA’s law student membership program and law school outreach efforts.
A. Develops or Facilitates Development of YLD Programs
- Helps to develop and provide support for YLD Programs (events, projects and initiatives, including service projects) for TBA members and the public, including research, project development, marketing and evaluation.
- Serves as liaison between YLD continuing education committee and TBA CLE staff; as needed, assists in developing CLE programs and coordinating program logistics on-site or through event staff.
- Manages the Tennessee State High School Mock Trial Competition; arranges for hotel, courthouse and special event space; plans related social activities; oversees competition logistics; assists in coordinating district competitions by providing materials and assisting with logistics.
- Facilitates development and distribution of YLD publications, including establishment of schedules and work with volunteer editors to solicit, draft and edit items. Also responsible for developing content related to member information, such as YLD program information and YLD related pictures and news items for TBA publications and website.
- Manages the operations, activities, and budget of the YLD Fellows, a non-profit organization of lawyers established to support the Young Lawyers Division.
- Assists TBA Membership Director with coordinating swearing-in ceremonies and congratulatory activities for new lawyers sworn-in to the practice of law.
B. Provides Leadership Support for Young Lawyers Division
- Provides substantive and administrative support to YLD President, elected leadership and chairs of the division’s committees.
- Assists president-elect in developing annual budget and works with president to monitor financial transactions and periodically provide budget status reports.
- Facilitates YLD Board & Committee meetings throughout the year, including location and event logistics; developing and circulating materials and resources and facilitating meetings and providing consistent follow-up.
C. Contributes to Planning and Coordinating TBA Events, Programs and Projects
- Assists in planning and coordinating the TBA Annual Summer Meeting/Convention and other TBA events, programs and projects.
- Helps coordinate event logistics; may set up materials and refreshments at program location.
- Provides on-site customer service to ensure members’ needs are met.
D. Coordinates with Law Schools
- Maintains relationships with law school deans or other representatives, serving as a liaison with law schools and relevant TBA departments.
- Coordinates efforts in conjunction with Membership Director to facilitate free law school membership to students across the state.
- Coordinates with Young Lawyers Division on outreach to law schools throughout the school year.
- Annually review the TBA events calendar to identify opportunities to engage law student members, law schools and deans.
E. Establishes and Maintains Law School Outreach Program
- Facilitates and ensures the implementation of any special programs, curriculum or projects related to law school students across the state.
- Work with CLE Team and YLD on programming curated specifically for law students at different levels.
- Assists in maintaining information on law student members in the TBA’s association management software platform.
- Work with Membership Team to develop a transition plan for third year law students to full paid members of TBA.
- Other duties as assigned.
F. Marketing and Communication
- Coordinating marketing related to membership and law school program with TBA Communications Team.
- Writing articles or other materials promoting the law school program as needed.
- Assist with maintaining and updating relevant TBA website pages and other social media outreach to the membership.
- Communicating with law student members either through electronic newsletters, list serves, email messages or other tools.
II. Other Job Duties
Performs other job duties as assigned, including
- Completes other projects as assigned by TBA’s Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Proficiency in the following competencies is required for distinguished performance in this position:
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Volunteer management experience
- Project management skills
- Meeting and event planning and facilitation skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Service orientation
- Written and oral communication skills
- Research skills
- Telephone, computer, printer, photocopier and postage meter.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The incumbent works in an office environment. Occasional overnight travel is required.
Education and Experience: The required knowledge, skill and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties that are normally acquired through attainment of a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Tennessee Bar Association offers a full range of benefits, including vacation and multipurpose leave, a 401(k) retirement plan, health insurance and flexible work schedule.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume by email to TBA Assistant Executive Director Barry Kolar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: August 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 09/01/2021
- Working Hours: 40, MF