Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Coordinator of Talent Development
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Provides Talent Development team project management, program, meeting, committee and administrative support.
- Supports day-to-day operations, project and program activities of the Talent Development Theater. Provides administrative and logistics support to Talent Development initiatives including; pre-K-12 education, postsecondary attainment, adult attainment, committees, councils, grant activities, employer engagement and cross-theater initiatives.
- Develops strategies and collateral to share information about Talent theater initiatives with Chamber members, education stakeholders, and regional and national partners.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of Talent Development customers, stakeholders, programs and initiatives.
- Provides research on issues and information as requested and coordinates with The Research Center if applicable.
- Maintains strong customer service relationships with team members, Chamber staff, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Assists in program planning, implementation and budgeting, as needed.
- Provides scheduling assistance for the team.
- Participates in the Chamber’s overall revenue culture through pre-determined revenue accountabilities that align to the work of the Talent Development team.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Prefer either a minimum of two-years’ experience or an associate/bachelor’s degree and one-year of experience.
- Experience in education, workforce development and volunteer management preferred; experience in a nonprofit organization a plus.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment.
- Knowledge of cross-sector engagement and workforce development stakeholders including state and local government agencies, community-based organizations, secondary and postsecondary education institutions, and employers
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) with an aptitude to quickly master new software programs and interactive media applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general business principles and office protocol.
ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Ability to research issues and provide concise, effective written analysis.
- Ability to manage and process multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams or independently, respond to team members’ needs while balancing priorities Strong customer service skills with a proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to share Chamber work with funders and stakeholders; experience tracking budgets and reporting outcomes is desired but not required.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, while incorporating direction of managers into daily work Creative problem solver with a positive attitude Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
This position is partially grant funded. The current grant that supports this position expires in April 2025. This position will be assessed upon completion of the grant investment.
The current benefit package includes basic group life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and holidays. In addition, the Chamber offers health insurance at standard Chamber rate, dental coverage at the standard Chamber rate, vision coverage at the standard Chamber rate, and eligibility for the 401(k) program.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: October 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 10/24/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F 8:00-5:00