Coordinator of Finance/Donor Services (Hybrid)
Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing barriers to adoption.
The Coordinator of Finance/Donor Services supports the Director of Finance to promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity, credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith. This position is responsible for processing donations, including updating monthly giving information and preparing bank deposits. The Coordinator of Finance/Donor Services will also update donor profiles and manage recurring donation relationships. Additionally, this position will provide month-end closing support to the Director of Finance.
The Coordinator of Finance/Donor Services reports to the Director of Finance and supports the Finance team to serve Show Hope in the following key areas:
- Support Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan, coordinating various tasks pertinent to assigned departments working with the Executive Director, Executive Leadership, and Director of the department.
- Collaborate with department team directed by Director aligned with Executive Director and Leadership teams to promote, coordinate, and implement departmental initiatives.
- Represent department coordinating with other Show Hope departments and staff to support initiatives directly related to the administration or general business of Show Hope
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Process donations, create deposit slips, and provide detailed information on deposits and donor-gift allocations to the Director of Finance.
- Process donations and provide reporting for Fellowship Weekend, Tours, House Shows and other campaigns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Update donor profiles and respond to donor requests for updates to their accounts as needed.
- Manage recurring-donor profiles and donations for sponsor reacquisition through phone calls, texting, email, and mail.
- Provide recurring-giving reports to Director of Finance and Executive Team.
- Oversee and enter data for in-kind donations and prepare receipts.
- Support Director of Finance with monthly income allocations.
- Reconcile expense reports and credit-card statements, ensuring accurate coding.
- Assist Director of Finance with processing invoices for payment timely and in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Assist Director of Finance with month-end closing, including reconciliations and reporting.
- Organize and maintain accurate record-keeping for all financial documents, including payables, bank statements, and charitable registrations.
- Oversee postage-machine funds and ensure adequate funds and supplies to meet organization’s needs.
- Answer emails and phone calls in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Uphold best practices for accuracy and compliance for nonprofit organizations.
How to Apply
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in related field, non-profit experience considered a plus
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (equivalent experience considered)
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite Applications
- Experience in QuickBooks or other accounting software considered a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM tools considered a plus
- A self-starter who is flexible and able to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Highly detailed and task-oriented with the ability to work within a team structure when completing these tasks
- Strong project management skills with proven track record of implementing and managing details with efficiency and excellence
- Valid State Driver’s License and ability to use personal vehicle for occasional business purposes
- Date Posted: May 18, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Religious