Nashville Rescue Mission
Coordinator, Marketing and Communications
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here! At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team. Are you the right person?
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting and executing marketing communications that align with the mission and vision of Nashville Rescue Mission. This role will help implement marketing initiatives that include promotional materials, marketing publications, social media content and campaigns, website/blog content and updates, and email communications. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator must be a project-based multitasker who can organize many moving parts, can handle deadlines, has a heart for the ministry of Nashville Rescue Mission, and can uphold the Mission Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct.
- Support Director of Marketing and Communications in key strategies and campaigns
- Assist with drafting, editing, and proofing marketing materials, for accuracy, timeliness, and consistency with the organization’s voice, brand, and mission
- Implement marketing plans that include print, advertising, and online content.
- Manage email list and segmentation to improve overall engagement through email marketing
Content Creation and Management
- Create and execute content related to the organization’s marketing presence, including website content, email, social media, and other channels as applicable
- Monthly creation of Mission’s social media calendar
- Collect and manage photo and video content and graphic updates for social channels
- Post content to social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok) and monitor activity to gauge effectiveness and engagement
- Publish web content and graphic updates (blog posts/home page banners/donation pages) based on the monthly strategy outlined by the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Create, test, and send emails through the email platform based on the monthly strategy outlined by the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Communicate with partner agencies and other promotional vendors
- Identify new and emerging social channels, and technologies, and develop strategies to leverage these new opportunities
- Monitor social media trends, and suggest modifications to the Mission’s social media strategy based on how well the platform aligns with communications objectives
- Managed social listening platform (Sprout Social) and helped monitor Google Alerts in reference to mentions of Nashville Rescue Mission and homelessness in Nashville
- Prepare monthly reports for the Director of Marketing and Communications, and others as requested
- Monitor analytics for digital channels to report to the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Pre-event and post-event promotion for special events, as needed
- Some data management, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media
- Organized multitasker able to handle deadlines
- Awareness and heart for the ministry work of Nashville Rescue Mission
- Ability to take initiative and think critically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of photography (Nikon or Canon)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all donor, resident, employee, and operations data
- Supports the Mission Statement and Values of Nashville Rescue Mission
- This position can be expected to work some holidays and/or weekends
- Adheres to the standards as set forth by CityGate and ECFA
- Ability to qualify as a designated Mission vehicle driver under Nashville Rescue Mission’s insurance policy:
- Valid driver’s license
- Have no more than two moving violations in a 3-year period or more than one accident in a 1-year period
- Proof of insurance on personal vehicle (current)
- Familiarity with WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, and Blackbaud’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms
- Knowledge in email segmentation, YouTube advertising, and videography a plus
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of employees’ earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to those who are hungry, hurting, and experiencing homelessness.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping those who are hungry and experiencing homelessness. To apply, please click here.
- Date Posted: October 4, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $47,023.84 - $58,779.81
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.