The Family Center
Coordinator, Communications & Graphic Design
The Family Center
The Family Center (a growing, fast paced nonprofit located in Davidson and Rutherford Counties) seeks a dynamic new team member to serve as its Coordinator, Communications & Graphic Design. This position is integral in helping TFC pursue our mission of breaking multigenerational cycles of child abuse, neglect, and trauma by coordinating all social media, e-news, and print collateral efforts, engaging in the mission as a means to expand awareness and revenue, and utilizing graphic design skills to ensure all materials (print and online) are consistently branded and professional in appearance.
Qualified candidates must have a willingness to embrace a Trauma Informed Culture that also honors all races, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Competitive candidates will: welcome curiosity as a means to learn and grow personally and professionally, greet change and challenges with flexibility and a positive, collaborative approach, pursue excellence in work products and community presence, and meet professional goals and timelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- assist in developing, executing, and evaluating TFC’s annual communications’ plans with a focus on awareness about and action towards its mission (engagement/revenue)
- coordinate all TFC social media strategies via all relevant platforms
- engage collaboratively with the staff and volunteers
- collaborate with the Director, Development & Marketing and President/CEO to create print and online graphics that utilize TFC’s branding to drive engagement and giving
- embrace & demonstrate core organizational values
- assist in planning for two annual events (print and online Save the Dates, Invites, signage, etc)
- assist in maximizing a wide range of existing and new communication assets and channels (i.e.: website, marketing collateral, social media, etc.).
- assist in maintaining and updating these channels ensuring a high-quality public presence
- establish and cultivate media partnerships
- use analytical data, agency metrics, and client stories to share organizational impact via social media and online
- other duties as assigned
Required Capabilities, Skills, & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of graphic design and social media experience preferred
- innovator, self-initiator, fast learner, team player
- highly developed interpersonal skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- understanding of grant writing and donor research
- proficiency in MS Office Suite
- advanced knowledge of design programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Publisher, etc.)
- confidence and competence in learning and using existing and new technologies
- ability to effectively interact, communicate, and collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- excellent organizational and project management skills
- capable of meeting challenging deadlines while “herding cats”
- must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- openness to a work culture that is very fast paced and growing rapidly across Middle TN
This is a full-time exempt position that may require occasional evening and weekend commitments throughout the year. Local travel is required, and occasional national travel may be expected. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and organizational budget.
Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability; casual, pet friendly work environment; generous PTO and holiday schedule; great team!
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to: Susan Galeas, President & CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: April 27, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/01/2021
- Working Hours: generally M-F; 8:30am - 5:30pm; Flexible