The Nashville Food Project
Contract Distribution Assistant
The Nashville Food Project
The Nashville Food Project Mission Statement
Bringing people together to grow, cook and share nourishing food, with the goals of cultivating community and alleviating hunger in our city.
Contract Distribution Assistant Summary
The Contract Distribution Assistant is an integral part of the Share Team, supporting The Nashville Food Project’s Community Meals program by distributing food to TNFP’s partners.
The Nashville Food Project does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Complete food delivery routes, arriving within delivery windows and fulfilling the needs of each delivery, within the time requirements of the routes.
● Represent The Nashville Food Project in communication with partners, treating all partners with kindness and respect.
● Communicate relevant feedback regarding meals, partners and food donors to the Distribution Manager.
● Ensure all outgoing food is properly labeled with dietary information, meal components and TNFP logo, as needed.
● Report any maintenance needed for meal vehicles to the Distribution Manager.
● Maintain needed supplies on meal delivery vehicles.
● Ensure food carriers are clean and in working order.
● Ensure Health Department codes are adhered to at all times.
● Create a welcoming atmosphere and meaningful space for all volunteers or staff members when present in TNFP spaces.
● Help support a healthy and thriving partnership with contacts at each partner site, act as the representative of TNFP for these partners in day to day situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- ServSafe certified or willing to become certified upon hire.
- Ability to consistently lift and move up to 50 pounds and ability to navigate stairs.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with diverse communities including nonprofits, volunteers and the general public.
- Cooperative work ethic and a positive attitude; hard-working, conscientious, communicative and responsible.
- Well organized with attention to detail, record keeping and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Respect for diversity.
This is a part time contract position of 8-12 hours per week which reports to the Food Access Coordinator. Specific hours will be required Monday – Friday. Route schedules are determined on a seasonal basis and may vary between 8:00 -11:30 or 12:00 to 3:30.
Compensation rates for this position is $15 per hour.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, April 9th.
- Date Posted: March 19, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: $15/hr