Heritage Foundation of Williamson County
Content Marketing Manager
Heritage Foundation of Williamson County
The Content Marketing Manager supports the marketing department as it offers shared services marketing strategies and tactical execution for the Foundation and operating divisions (The Franklin Theatre, Downtown Franklin Association, Franklin Grove Estate & Gardens, History & Culture Center) in order to share and spread the organization’s message, appropriately tailored to internal and external stakeholders. The manager is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, maximization, and utilization of our digital platforms, including websites, e-newsletters, social media, and institutional electronic signage.
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Serve as a social media strategic planner, content creator and tactical implementor of the organization’s social media strategy. This includes managing content calendar, authoring, scheduling, and monitoring posts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and responding to consumer engagement, devising and reporting on KPIs, and continually expanding your expertise of social media and content distribution and consumption trends. Role receives and contributes to the overall social media strategy from marketing leadership and puts it into action. Familiarity with social media scheduling platforms a plus (I.e. Buffer).
- DESIGN: Provide graphic design support for the creation of visual assets (primarily digital assets but may also include signage, etc.) Familiarity with graphic design tools required (knowledge or experience with Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud valued, but not required). Must have an eye for clean, professional design, but should not be a visual design specialist only.
- WEBSITE: Responsible for the content on our various websites. Includes contributing to and receiving online strategic direction from leadership, creating and updating website content. Maintaining updated events, blog, carousels, etc., to make sure the websites are up to date and effective communications tools. An understanding of search engine optimization practices is preferred. WordPress experience valued, but not required. Familiarity with Coding/HTML a plus.
- EMAIL: Responsible for e-newsletter list management, creating email content (copy and graphics), formatting and preparing regular eblasts for distribution across multiple divisions, and reporting on performance, distributing emails and reporting
- CONTENT GATHERING & EDITING: Responsible for taking photos and videos that represent our various activities across divisions. Ability to edit as required for sharing to audiences across web/email/social platforms with familiarity with editing platforms helpful (I.e. Premiere, Final Cut, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.). Equipment not required, but beneficial.
- EDITORIAL: Ability to write or edit content as required. Solid grammar and proofreading skills required.
- Interface and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Thrive in highly collaborative and mission-driven culture.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Marketing, Communications). Minimum of three (3) years of applicable full time work experience.
- Computer Skills / Technical Knowledge: Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Word Press, email programs and all major social media platforms. Graphic design, photography and video editing skills preferred.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Language Skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, safety data sheets (SDS) or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write reports, business correspondence and policy. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors, and the public.
- Reasoning Ability: HIGH. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Other Qualifications: General knowledge of computer applications for the frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to perform duties under pressure, prioritize workload, and timely meet deadlines. Must have the aptitude and ability to self-direct work. Ability to work irregular hours and weekends.
The Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, Tennessee provides employees with a wide range of benefits including Medical (w/EAP), Dental, Vision, PTO, Volunteer Day, Movie Tickets, 403(b) Savings Plan and Paid Holidays.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: February 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 03/27/2023
- Salary Range: $50K+/_ DOE
- Working Hours: 40+ hours/wk; M-F with evening/weekend availability as necessary