The Content Manager, as part of the development team, furthers the mission of Siloam by creating and managing the organization’s written and visual content for internal and external communication needs as well as fundraising efforts. The best fit for this role is someone with strong writing and editing skills who has an eye for powerful storytelling through well-crafted and concise content. This person is able to organize complex projects to be executed efficiently.
External Communications Content – 80%
- Manage content needs for the organization, primarily focused on segmented print and digital donor-oriented communications to maximize donations and donor retention.
- Ensure content integrity across all channels including brand consistency, storytelling, and general proofreading.
- Work with the Director of Communications to create annual campaign messaging.
- Monitor internal and external brand consistency including yearly audits of church websites and other organizational partners.
- Identify and interview stakeholders to create content for brand-cohesive pieces including four newsletters, four direct mails, and one stewardship mail annually.
- Oversee creation of print collateral pieces.
- Manage the organization’s active social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, including creating regular posts across all.
- Oversee web initiatives, digital content, email marketing, and social media including their integration into overall marketing strategies and plans.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
Internal Communications Content – 20%
- Identify means to strengthen internal communications by creating content that fuels engagement from staff and positively impacts organizational culture.
- Manage content for the organization’s intranet, helping to ensure that it is up-to-date, engaging, and informative.
- Assist in the planning, coordinating, and executing of internal employee events as needed.
- Provide documented recaps of all-staff meetings on bi-weekly basis.
- Ensure communication messaging and materials are high quality, accurate, appropriate. and reflective of organizational brand.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values.
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs.
- Demonstrated experience in written and verbal communications.
- Experience managing special projects and web content, as well as familiarity with MS Office products as well as Google Workspace (formerly known as Google Suite), e-mail marketing software, and Canva strongly preferred.
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or at least 4 years of experience in communications or related field.
Siloam offers a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, life and long-term disability coverage, paid-time off, and participation in a retirement plan after one year of employment.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply. While there, browse to learn more about our Christian faith-based primary care clinic, our mission, and our core values.
- Date Posted: September 8, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 45000-50000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk