Rebuilding Together Nashville
Rebuilding Together Nashville
About Rebuilding Together
Rebuilding Together Nashville (RTN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities, and rebuilding lives. RTN staff members work collaboratively as a team to preserve affordable housing opportunities in our community by utilizing trades professionals and volunteers to address critical health and safety hazards present in the homes of low-income homeowners. RTN serves approximately 25-30 homeowners a year. The repairs we perform are done at no cost to the homeowner and are guided by evidence-based safety priorities
RTN is seeking a new Construction Coordinator to join our small, but growing team in preserving affordable housing. As we continue our Bordeaux Initiative, we are also moving east and expanding our impact to include a new community. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.rtnashville.org. This is an exciting time to get involved with RTN as we are growing our service area and ability to repair homes, rebuild lives and revitalize communities.
The RTN Construction Coordinator will manage RTN construction projects including providing on-site oversight for contractor and volunteer-led projects, ensuring construction site safety, maintaining vendor files and project management notes in a Salesforce database, and support the successful programmatic execution of the RT mission. The Construction Coordinator should be a team player with a welcoming and inclusive personality who is excited about taking ownership of this important role. This position reports to the Construction Program Manager.
The ideal candidate has a high standard of professional conduct, understands construction best practices, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoys engaging with our homeowners and is excited to join a small team of five that is making a difference in the community in a thriving organization poised for continued growth. As with all jobs at RTN, the Construction Coordinator is expected to be an active and supportive team member who lives the values of RTN.
- Travel to RT construction sites daily to ensure satisfactory execution of construction activities led by hired contractors and/or volunteers.
- Complete minor repairs independently at project sites.
- Maintain organized electronic files and database records for vendors and projects.
- Co-lead volunteer build days including: procure materials and tools; recruit and communicate with volunteers, including skilled House Captain volunteers when necessary; prepare homeowners for build days; oversee work on site ensuring safety, volunteer and homeowner satisfaction, and project completion.
- Represent RT in working groups with non-profit and government partners
- Support RT’s procurement efforts including: research and build relationships with new vendors; ensure current vendor compliance with RT Procurement Policy; code construction and material invoices for payment.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the Rebuilding Together vision and be able to articulate the mission and vision of the organization to diverse stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with construction and renovation best practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing workplace
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to remain flexible and think positively during work related challenges
- Able to work independently and with a diverse team
- Strong administrative and office skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses required
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a related field preferred
- 1 to 2 years of related experience required
- Experience with Windows 10 Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the internet required
- Experience with Salesforce or other online databases preferred
Physical and other requirements:
While performing the duties of this job the employee should be able to:
- Move materials weighing 35-40 pounds repeatedly and unassisted
- Move materials weighing 50-80 pounds infrequently and/or with assistance
- Navigate construction sites including rough or uneven ground, around debris and obstacles
- Communicate while on construction site listening and speaking over significant ambient noise
- Speak to groups of up to 20 constituents about Rebuilding Together’s work
- Operate basic office equipment including computer, telephone, etc.
- Accommodate regular work hours including Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Some evenings, weekends and early mornings required
- Travel independently from office to work sites and other events as required. Mileage will be reimbursed at the standard mileage rate set by the IRS.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This is an exempt full time (37.5 hours/week) position
Competitive benefits package available
Competitive time away from work policy
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
- Date Posted: August 31, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: 40,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm, some weekend work may be required