HOPE Family Health
Compliance & Risk Program Coordinator
HOPE Family Health
The Compliance and Risk Program Coordinator works as part of the Operations Team to provide expert support and coordination to HOPE’s Compliance and Risk Programs. Using project management skills, the Compliance and Risk Program Coordinator works with the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Compliance Officer (COO) to ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local rules and regulations and that the Risk Management Program is effective at reducing the organization’s risk. Additionally, this position provides program coordination and administrative support to the Operations Team. Ultimately, this role cooperates with management and leadership and collaborates with cross-functional teams.
This position description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
HOPE Family Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that complies with applicable State and Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
Many positions at HOPE Family Health Services are funded in-part or in-whole by State or Federal Department of Health and Human Services funding and as such, our organization cannot employ individuals with certain criminal backgrounds or who are on State or Federal exclusion or debarment lists.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -COMPLIANCE:
- Stays abreast on all health center and healthcare compliance requirements from regulators including:
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Office of Civil Rights (OCR)
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- State of TN
- Organizes and maintains HOPE compliance policies and procedures as well as the HOPE Annual Compliance Plan, including the annual goals and annual work plan.
- Ensures that the Compliance Program effectively prevents and detects violations of laws, regulations, and HOPE policies and procedures.
- Ensures that processes, procedures, and behaviors in the organization meets HOPE’s policies.
- Develops and coordinates internal and external audit procedures for the purpose of monitoring and detecting any misconduct or noncompliance.
- Provides administrative support to the COO in coordinating the internal Compliance Team by managing agendas, minutes, scheduling meetings, updating documents and managing team communications.
- Assists the COO and Director of Medical Services in planning agendas, taking minutes, and managing communications for the QI and Compliance Committee of the Board.
- Serves as Administrator for the Compliatric system, managing users and accesses, ensuring exclusion and debarment screening is conducted on all board members, vendors and employees, managing the learning management system for employees, and documenting compliance and risk activities such as incident management, audits, and meeting details.
- With oversight from the COO, coordinates compliance investigations of moderate to low complexity, follows-up and, as applicable, communicates resolutions to investigations and other issues generated by the Compliance Program, including development of corrective action plans, as needed.
- Coordinates and schedules appropriate compliance training and education programs for all employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -RISK MANAGEMENT:
- Coordinate, track, and assist with high quality, cross-functional project plans for the enterprise risk management program (ERM).
- Undergo risk management training at least annually to stay up-to-date on the risk landscape including FTCA Program requirements.
- Organizes and maintains HOPE risk policies and procedures as well as the HOPE Annual Risk Plan and Annual Risk Report, including the annual goals and annual work plan.
- Provides administrative support to the COO in coordinating the internal Enterprise Risk Management Team by managing agendas, minutes, scheduling meetings, updating documents and managing team communications.
- Sits on other teams and meetings that impact organizational risk including QA/QI, safety, and compliance.
- Manages patient feedback and incidents, escalating high risk incidents or incidents that require leadership attention to the COO.
- Assists the COO in managing insurance policies for the organization including application and renewal processes.
- Assists the COO in the annual FTCA re-deeming process.
- Assist the COO and IT Manager in conducting and remediating the annual IT risk assessment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -GENERAL:
- Plan project schedules, coordinate team members collaborating on projects to keep workflow on track.
- Organize and maintain project-related documentation; ensure all necessary materials are current, properly stored, and disseminated as appropriate.
- Work with extremely sensitive and confidential information with discretion and privacy.
- Maintain a strong service focus by developing productive working relationships and regular communication with HOPE leadership, management, and staff.
- Support the COO in managing calendars, communications, filing, printing, and other administrative duties for the departmental success.
- Other coordination and administrative duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in public health, communications, business, or a social services-related field is preferred but not required if the candidate can demonstrate an equivalent in experience and understanding of project management.
- At least two years of recent experience working in coordinating projects or programs for non-profits, clinical offices, or comparable settings.
- Experience and comfort with technology solutions for workflows and data storing; ability to easily learn, adopt and utilize technology.
- Excellent written and spoken English required.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with experience in the following areas:
- Project Management training or certification
- Specialized experience reading or interpreting laws, regulations, or similar documents
- Training in public health programs
- Technical Skills:
- Problem Solving: Frequent problems arise in this position that are outside established policies or bodies of knowledge calling for high-level skills in problem solving.
- Decision Making: Frequent situations arise which call for careful and analytical judgment.
- Interpersonal: Must interact with employees, leadership, governmental officials, and the general public.
- Working Conditions: Works in a well-lighted, climate-controlled building. May be subjected to appearance in a less than desirable environment and travel in adverse weather conditions. May be exposed to body fluids.
Health, Dental, & Vision Benefits
HSA, FSA, & DCA Accounts Available
Supportive, team-based work environment
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our careers page at:
- Date Posted: October 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F