Family & Children's Service
Community Schools Coordinator
Family & Children's Service
The Community Schools Coordinator will work in conjunction with the school, staff, community partners, impact team and the Office of Community Achieves(CA) . The Community School Coordinator will oversee the operation of programs and services for students, families and the community. The Community School Coordinator will work within the framework of Community Achieves to promote family engagement, college and career readiness, health and wellness and social services and adult development. The Community School Coordinator will be located in a school within Metro Nashville Public Schools. Multiple positions are available in elementary, middle, and high schools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating, connecting, and managing programs and resources for families and targeted students
- Recruiting and managing partner relationships, including holding regular partner meetings
- Soliciting donations and resources in order to meet basic needs of students and families
- Providing or coordinating family training, e.g., training parents as advocates, to support learning at home, navigating the school system
- Working with school & Community Achieves office to ensure programs and services are integrated and aligned with the mission and goals of the school
- Serving as the liaison between the Impact Team, the school administration, and the Community Achieves Office
- Facilitating, developing, and training the school-level Impact Team
- Facilitating the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan to incorporate results from the needs assessment, identify gaps in assets and needs, and communicate requests for community engagement to support the school needs
- Participating in an annual community school standards-based school review
- Collaborating closely with the Community Achieves office and communicate programming to school stakeholders in alignment with community school standards
- Managing data entry using the CA Organizer, entering data about the services provided and partnerships in the school on a monthly basis
- Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field.
This postion is eligible for all agency benefits, which include medical, vision and dental, 401k with agency match, generous sick and vacation policy, generous holiday calendar, including the week between Christmas and New Year as paid time off, EAP, and more!
How to Apply
Submit resume to email@example.com
Competitive salary with potential sign-on bonus
- Date Posted: May 4, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/06/2022