Music City PrEP Clinic
Community Relations Specialist
Music City PrEP Clinic
At MCPC, we are passionate about changing the face of healthcare in Nashville by providing access to biomedical interventions and services for sexual health and wellness. We serve our patients with a highly skilled, competent team of clinicians, staff and volunteers who dedicate their time and expertise to see patients during convenient weekday and weekend hours. We accept insured and uninsured patients with affordable, low-cost or no cost services.
MCPC’s Community Relations Specialist plans, develops, implements, and analyzes community relations campaigns and related events.
- Nurture a productive relationship between Music City PrEP Clinic (MCPC) and community partner organizations.
- Effectively present and support MCPC’s mission to bring HIV transmission to zero
- Plan, Organize and Oversee a minimum of two events in the African American community per month
- Make contact with community organizations with the goal of building toward the fulfillment of MCPC’s mission.
- Establish a relationship with college student organizations throughout the state and appropriately and professionally present the mission of the organization to college administrators in order to effectively obtain approval for participation in campus activities
- Conduct weekly calls with student organization leaders to promote the relationship and learn of campus activities
- Seek to discover evidence-based research on the barriers that prevent the “at-risk” college age group from getting on PrEP
- Use social media to coordinate community relations
- Draft and distribute/publish various content pieces that promote MCPC
- Select positive publicity materials and distribute them through a variety of channels.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Prior experience in event planning, community engagement or similar
- Ability to evaluate the cost of a program and compare it to the benefits for the organization.
- Excellent persuasion skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field.
- At least two years of work in public relations OR at least two years of work in a field related to the company preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
401(k) with 401(k) matching up to 6% of annual pay
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term and Long-Disability insurance available for full-time employees
How to Apply
Please send your resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development