Nashville Diaper Connection
Community Partnerships Logistics Leader – AmeriCorps Member
Nashville Diaper Connection
Are you passionate about children having the opportunity to thrive? Do you want to ensure that every baby in Nashville has enough diapers to remain clean, dry and healthy? The Community Partnerships Logistics Leader is an AmeriCorps member who builds relationships with community partners and wrangles operations and logistics to maximize the impact of Nashville’s diaper distribution network.
Full Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
This service role is perfect for an action-oriented leader with the confidence and willingness to initiate relationships with potential partners. The right candidate should be organized and interested in improving processes and coordinating delivery logistics. If you’re excited to be out in the community, on your feet, interacting with our partners and distributing diapers, then this would be a great year of service for you.
The member will manage and organize diaper inventory and assist with distribution logistics to increase the service capacity of the diaper bank. The member will deliver diapers to partners and community members daily, including loading, unloading and driving the utility van throughout Middle Tennessee.
This AmeriCorps member will leave their service term with skills in nonprofit leadership, operations and logistics, along with improved organizational and communication skills.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Organize and coordinate diaper deliveries for our partner network
- Deliver diapers to partners in Middle Tennessee
- Complete diaper inventory and reporting
- Recruit new partners to strengthen out network
Typical Day In This Position
The member’s day will start with preparing for daily deliveries. This includes managing the logistics of organizing diapers, loading diapers, and making deliveries. When the member is not out delivering diapers, they will be evaluating and implementing ways to improve communication with and recruitment of diaper distribution partners.
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Canva and Google Drive or the ability to learn new computer skills quickly.
- Public speaking and leading groups
- Learning new skills
- Driving a utility van
Key abilities include:
(1) Dynamic professional behavior
(2) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
(3) Attention to detail, organization, and self motivation.
(4) Ability to problem solve and overcome challenges
Multi/bilingual skills are a plus as Nashville Diaper Connections serves and engages diverse community members.
- $6,495 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $20,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 20000
- Working Hours: 37.5