Community Partner Engagement Leader – AmeriCorps Member
Hands On Nashville
The Community Partner Engagement Leader (Leader) participates in a yearlong term of AmeriCorps service (1,700 hours) supporting Hands On Nashville’s (HON) mission to meet community needs through volunteerism.
The Leader uses data analysis to enhance the capacity of HON’s Community Partner Program, and is the front-line point of contact for partner agencies, providing technical assistance, customer service, training, and recruitment support. The member will gain experience working with nonprofits, businesses, government agencies, and community partners across Tennessee.
The Leader serves as part of a 23-person cohort of civic-minded AmeriCorps Members who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through the HON AmeriCorps Program.
- Creates educational resources for community partners, including short video tutorials, handouts, and presentations
- Refines technical processes to align with HON’s strategic plan and support quality improvement
- Assists with volunteer-related workshops and training sessions, as well as the development of new training sessions and program initiatives
- Reviews, edits, and approves volunteer opportunity postings on HON’s website
- Assists the communications team with promoting volunteer opportunities
- Develops and maintains relationships with current and prospective community partners, including phone communication, site visits, email inquiries, technology support, and participation in programming and special events
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- At ease with public speaking, with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Interest in collecting, analyzing, and translating data, with ability to take initiative on projects
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 17, 2020-August 8, 2021)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
HON does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.
- Living allowance of $17,000, paid bi-weekly throughout the term of service
- Education award of $6,095, applicable to student loans and/or future education expenses at an accredited institution, upon fulfillment of service obligations
- Healthcare coverage, if elected
- Childcare benefits, if eligible
- Professional development training and ample networking opportunities
How to Apply
Apply online at my.americorps.gov.
For more information, please contact:
Nicki Avila email@example.com
HON builds capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through support from the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
- Date Posted: May 14, 2020
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Analytics / Evaluation
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/17/2020
- Working Hours: 35-40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm