Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Community Outreach Liaison – Middle TN
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
COMMUNITY OUTREACH LIAISON – MIDDLE TN
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 31, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Industry and Governmental Affairs
Reports to: Director of Industry and Governmental Affairs
Location: Various Tennessee locations
Salary Grade: 40
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $5,483
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs outreach work related to community lending and relationship-building initiatives throughout Tennessee for THDA programs; develops relationships with formal and informal leaders within diverse markets, including non-profits, and local and state governing bodies in order to understand the issues and challenges faced by these Tennesseans. The incumbent should be well versed in THDA’s single family, multi-family and supportive housing programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Represents THDA at public functions serving as THDA’s spokesperson when appropriate and presenting information about THDA.
- Participate in diverse groups to ensure housing needs are represented in public discussions.
- Works collaboratively with other divisions within THDA on the development, implementation and monitoring of outreach strategies in coordination with agency priorities.
- Maintain effective relationships with partners.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of THDA programs.
- Promotes awareness of THDA program involvement across the state with ribbon cuttings, industry gatherings, and related activities which bring earned media coverage highlighting THDA’s work.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with local elected officials, state legislators, the Congressional delegation and their field staff by providing substantive information about THDA research and program products used in their districts.
- Serves as Alternate or regional liaison, as assigned, for Emergency Services Coordinator representing THDA with the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher educational level of attainment, preferably in public policy, public relations, communications, or related fields.
- Three years of experience in local government or state government, community outreach, event planning, public relations or other related fields.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Broad knowledge of methods and practices of mortgage loans, real estate, community development and revitalization.
- A broad knowledge of low and moderate-income THDA programs or the ability to quickly learn these.
- Ability to provide vision and informal leadership.
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to think creatively and work independently.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to respond to partner and media inquiries while at public events.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively; uses time efficiently.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- Ability to manage complex projects while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive during day or night.
- Frequent in-state travel, including overnight travel.
- Physically able to maneuver stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, night vision and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: March 18, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $5,483