Community Outreach Coordinator
A Step Ahead Foundation of Middle Tennessee
The community outreach coordinator (COC) works to engage and educate the community about the organization and its services. The COC will expand awareness of, and access to A Step Ahead services for all women with a particular focus on representing the organization to specific audiences. The COC will represent the organization at community events, health fairs, and other speaking engagements, as well as at various institutions including community colleges, trade schools, universities, community partners, and other places where young people congregate.
Duties may vary but will likely include:
- Represents A Step Ahead at the Department of Human Services offices, health fairs, churches, parks, college tables in a pleasant and knowledgeable manner
- Performs community outreach to raise visibility and awareness of the organization
- Distributes appropriate marketing materials to locations assigned by executive director and community outreach manager
- Assists staff in identifying new speaking opportunities and partnerships
- Attends weekly staff meetings
- Prepares weekly reports of outreach conducted
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate has the following skills/experience:
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., Public Health, Social Work, Education)
- Excellent oral communication
- An understanding of reproductive health
- Experience with public speaking and presentations
- A passion for community enhancement, engagement, and empowerment
- Organizational acumen
- A motivated self-starter and capable of working alone within a few weeks of starting
- Fluent in Spanish (desirable, but not required)
- 40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends
- Currently, position will work from home though most work is conducted in the community. Travel will be required (within middle TN). Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Stipend provided for benefits but health insurance not included.
- Pay is $17-19 per hour, dependent upon experience
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Outreach” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: November 18, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 17-19/hour