Community Outreach Coordinator
A Step Ahead Foundation of Middle Tennessee
The community outreach coordinator (COC) works to engage and educate the community about the organization and its services. The COC will expand awareness of, and access to A Step Ahead services for all women with a particular focus on representing the organization to specific audiences. The COC will represent the organization at community events, health fairs, and speaking engagements, as well as at various institutions including community colleges, trade schools, universities, community partners, and other places where young people congregate.
A Step Ahead improves educational, economic, and health outcomes for women and children in Middle Tennessee. By providing education about, and completely free access to long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) – the most effective, reversible methods of birth control – we enable women to plan their lives. By helping women avoid unplanned pregnancies, we hope to increase positive pregnancy outcomes for both the mother and the child, lower infant mortality, and improve family life. By connecting women with effective family planning, we hope to encourage education and career opportunities for women.
Duties may vary but will likely include:
- Represents A Step Ahead at the Department of Human Services offices, health fairs, churches, parks, college tables in a pleasant and knowledgeable manner
- Performs community outreach to raise visibility and awareness of the organization
- Distributes appropriate marketing materials to locations assigned by executive director and community outreach manager
- Assists executive director in identifying new speaking opportunities and partnerships
- Attends weekly staff meetings
- Prepares weekly reports of outreach conducted
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate has the following skills/experience:
- Fluent in Spanish (required)
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., Public Health, Social Work, Education)
- Excellent oral communication
- An understanding of reproductive health
- Experience with public speaking and presentations
- A passion for community enhancement, engagement, and empowerment
- Organizational acumen
- A motivated self-starter and capable of working alone within a few weeks of starting
Currently, position will work from home though most work is conducted in the community. Travel will be required (within middle TN). Mileage will be reimbursed.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Outreach” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: October 6, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 11/02/2020
- Salary Range: 17-19/hour
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends