Community Ministry Director
The Center for Youth Ministry Training equips leaders and communities of faith to develop innovative, effective, and theologically informed ministries so youth may experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ, leading to identity and purpose. The CYMT accomplishes this mission through three primary initiatives: the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry, in partnership with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary; Theology Together; and the Innovation Laboratory. CYMT was created in 2006.
Objective: Develop and lead programs that equip leaders for ministry in community based organizations and multicultural church ministries. Support CYMT efforts to develop resources for parents/caregivers and youth in marginalized communities. Expand and diversify CYMT’s relational network and partnerships with individuals and organizations that align with our mission. The Community Ministry Director will serve on the CYMT staff’s leadership team.
Supervision: The Community Ministry Director reports to the Graduate Residency Senior Director and works closely with directors of all grant initiatives
- Program Development
- Lead a pilot cohort(s) of community leaders and ministries in partnership with CYMT initiatives
- Collaborate with CYMT teams to develop community ministry based educational track within the Graduate Residency
- Develop educational modules (workshops, classes, courses, webinars, etc) in community ministry as part of the CYMT certificate program
- Recruit and lead a design team that develops resources for community ministry settings
- Serve on the leadership team that oversees the implementation of the Faith Forming Families (F3) grant
- Teach and facilitate workshops and classes inside and outside of the CYMT community
- Culturally Competent Support
- Collaborate with CYMT leadership to develop and ensure culturally competent support (coaches, materials, programs) for current and future residents and partner ministries
- Evaluate and work with staff and board to develop and improve programs throughout the CYMT ministry that enhance CYMT’s ability to equip individuals for diverse ministry contexts.
- Advise the CYMT community to ensure worship and community activities embody the fullness of all cultures represented in our community
- Identify places where CYMT needs to be more culturally competent in its mission and provide resources that will help the organization live into our DEI commitment
- Diversify Relational Network
- Build relationships and bridges between CYMT and key individuals and organizations who can help us accomplish our mission in diverse contexts.
- Support and participate in CYMT’s recruiting, marketing, and sales efforts by promoting CYMT’s programs and resources in diverse ministry settings
- 8+ years of ministry experience in a ethno-culturally diverse church or non-profit setting
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and masters degree in theology (preferred)
- Experience teaching and training ministry leaders
- Gifts and passion for developing others
- Demonstrated relational network and networking capabilities
- Experience in engaging in cross-cultural dialogue
- Proven strong verbal and written persuasive communications skills
- Passion for the mission of CYMT and alignment with our core values
- Flexible schedule with remote work options.
- Paid Vacation, and personal, professional development days. Employees who work 40 hours a week are eligible for 15 vacation days a year, 12 personal days per year, and up to 10 days per year for professional development activities.
- Holidays include New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King Jr. ‘s birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day & Thanksgiving Friday, and December 24 through January 1 every year.
- Replenishment plan eligibility for soul care after 6 months of employment.
- Health insurance option
- 2% cash benefit retirement contribution
- Remote worker stipend for remote employees
- Staff development opportunities
How to Apply
Apply at https://www.cymt.org/job-openings
- Date Posted: October 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/14/2022