Nashville Rescue Mission
Community Living Advocate – Women’s Life Recovery Program
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here! At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Community Living Advocate to join our Women’s Life Recovery Program team. Are you the right person?
You’re Strong In Your Faith
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. Your job is to communicate the Gospel and model Christian character to Life Recovery Program participants. Are you prepared to share your testimony? Conduct aftercare groups? Maybe even teach a class?
You’re A Great Communicator
When a Life Recovery Program participant needs to talk, can you stop what you’re doing and listen? Being open and making yourself available to those in need is a big part of this job. You’ll also need to communicate with a variety of other staff members in different capacities, so the transition between staff is seamless.
You’re A Diplomat
Can you handle problems and conflict fairly, balancing justice and mercy, and exemplifying discernment and thoughtfulness? Knowing the rules and following the rules comes along with the territory. The right person for this position monitors and readily corrects program participants, when necessary, and does so with grace.
You’re A Leader
There are times when you will need to put out fires and maintain morale. A strong leader will demonstrate empathy and patience in dealing with those who might not share their vision. They motivate rather than criticize, because strong leaders understand the effect they have on those around them.
- Continuously makes rounds of the facility and is continuously seen throughout the entire program (i.e., work therapy, common areas, dorms, etc.)
- Conducts Life Recovery Program counseling, as needed, i.e., conflict/problem resolution.
- Assists in the disciplinary process flow when necessary.
- Assists in scheduled and random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Participates in special events, activities and meetings, including staff meetings, trainings, and assigned committees as requested by the Director.
- Takes roll call at all activities during shift.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of this position.
- Keeps log of shift events in ClientTrack.
- Prints and posts daily chore, roll call, and phone sheets. Replenishes forms in designated areas.
- Dispenses over-the-counter medications, daily medication observation, and monthly update of medication sheets.
- Logs sign in/out of Transitional House participants and performs breathalyzer screenings.
- Wakes up participants at 5:45 a.m.
- Records breakfast roll call, exercise attendance and laps.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
- Relieves Receptionist for meal breaks and fills in when Receptionist is out.
- Assists in emergency procedures and/or evacuations.
- High school diploma or GED with preferred 2 – 3 years in biblical recovery.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, such as computers, copiers, and printers.
- Have and maintain valid and current certifications for certain skills such as: Crisis Prevention, first aid, CPR, and Narcan. Nashville Rescue Mission will provide certifications.
Regularly include standing, walking, sitting, and climbing stairs. Regularly includes reading, typing/computer usage, speaking, lifting up to 25 pounds. Able to drive a 15 passenger van.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, please click here.
- Date Posted: May 25, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $14.91 - $18.64
- Working Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.