Community House Program Director
Preston Taylor Ministries
Read our letter to the future Community House Director here.
St. Luke’s Community House is a PTM site designed to serve 90 youth (kindergarten-8th grade). The St. Luke’s Community House Director will be responsible for strengthening the operations of Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) that provide significant opportunities for involved children to experience “joy-filled friendships” and to pursue their “God-inspired dreams.” Embracing PTM’s Christ-centered mission, the St. Luke’s Community House Director will represent PTM to PTM children and their families, volunteers, potential volunteers, and supporters and will work for fulfillment of PTM’s strategic plan. He or she will do this by demonstrating a love for God that is evident in his or her lifestyle whether or not he or she is at PTM.
The SLCH Director is expected to work 40 hours per week. Hours are flexible with the exception of the program-specific responsibilities. As a full-time employee the SLCH Director is expected to work whether or not school is in session. The job description is not exhaustive. There will be additional tasks assigned as needed and as the PTM mission requires.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead Programming at Community House
- Ensure daily snacks.
- Ensure set up of daily program (including all materials and supplies).
- Provide for Bible instruction and character education in line with PTM Core Beliefs.
- Ensure safety of arrival and dismissal.
- Close down the facility at the end of the day (unless another program follows).
- Represent PTM in Family Resource Center and partner-building activities with St. Luke’s Community House.
- Enforce discipline plan.
- Create and oversee a varied and enriching summer program.
- Work with PTM staff to meet strategic goals of building student connectedness through mentoring, reading development, gospel exposure, positive peer group formation, and enriching experiences.
- Ensure Community House is operating within Memorandum of Understanding with St. Luke’s Community House and is meeting benchmarks outlined in grant agreements.
- Maintain current student applications, data, and program accomplishments.
- Leadership of a Team
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and training.
- Assist in the hiring of Community House staff.
- Supervise and develop Community House staff and interns.
- Maintain positive relationships with parents, Community House leaders, St. Luke’s Community House, volunteers, and teachers/faculty.
- Participate in organizational leadership as a member of the Executive Team.
- Assist with the leadership of organizational events (PTM-wide retreat, Christmas Tree Pick-Up, Springbreak in the Marketplace, Nativity Store, and others).
- Lead in Parent Engagement
- Organize at least 1 community supper per semester.
- Hold fall and parent summer orientations.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding student behavior, field trips, schedule/important dates, etc.
- Ensure parent engagement participation in line with strategic goals.
Bachelor’s Degree; or 3-4 years of equivalent experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Behavior Management
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Salary, optional enrollment into healthcare plan and 3 weeks paid time off.
How to Apply
Please read our letter to the future Community House Director.
To apply email Collin Spindle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your cover letter and your resume.
- Date Posted: October 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40,000-50,000
- Working Hours: 40 hr/wk