Community House Middle School Director
Preston Taylor Ministries
Reporting to the St. Luke’s Community House (SLCH) Director, the SLCH Middle School Director will be responsible for strengthening the operations of Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) that provides significant opportunities for involved children to experience “joy-filled friendships” and to pursue their “God-inspired dreams.” Embracing PTM’s Christ-centered mission, the SLCH Middle School Director, will represent PTM to PTM children and their families, volunteers, potential volunteers, and supporters. He or she will do this by demonstrating a love for God that is evident in his or her lifestyle whether or not he or she is at PTM.
- Plan and Organize a Program for middle school students that is sustainable for 5 days a week
- Provide daily Bible lesson or character education
- Lead in academic growth by providing academic activities that supplement school work
- Recruit students and families for the program
- Help students grow in connectedness through all of PTM’s programs
- Direct and Run an Afterschool Program
- Set up for daily program (including all materials and supplies)
- Enforce discipline plan
- Help in volunteer recruitment, training, and communication
- Share in the supervision of interns and work study students
- Empowering and Assist volunteers to provide for the kids well and appropriately
- Assign volunteer roles based on volunteer interest and student need
- Oversee volunteers while they work with students
- Help sustain volunteer support
- Communicating with parents to provide parent engagement
- Maintain positive relationships with parents and teachers/faculty
- Assist the program director in hosting 2 community suppers per semester
- All other duties assigned
Knowledge in Afterschool Programs and educating students, Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
Preferred Skills – CPR Training
This is a nonexempt part time position at PTM. The starting wage is $20/hr with about 26.5 hr/wk during the week during the school year. The summer is a different schedule.
How to Apply
Email Collin Spindle (firstname.lastname@example.org) your resume and cover letter by January 18th.
- Date Posted: January 4, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 01/08/2021
- Salary Range: $20/hr
- Working Hours: 25.5 hrs/wk