Gallatin Shalom Zone
Community Hiring Coordinator
Gallatin Shalom Zone
Gallatin Shalom Zone’s mission is to engage residents of Sumner County in the work of overcoming the adverse circumstances of poverty, crime, and inadequate education to heal and live together as a peaceful community.
We are seeking a motivated and compassionate professional to help enhance the strengths and improve job skills of individuals in our community, with the goal of improving their chances of gaining and retaining employment through the Community Hiring Program.
Work with local business partner to determine opportunities and communicate referrals.
Network with community partners to identify individuals seeking assistance.
Conduct assessments of experience, skills, and work limitations with clients.
Provide job readiness training, if needed.
Assist clients in completing applications and securing employment.
Provide resources and referrals, partnering with local organizations that provide other supportive services.
Visit job sites to aid in job orientations and meet with clients.
Provide follow-up services to ensure success of job placement.
Complete necessary paperwork documenting effort and placement.
Attend team meetings to stay up to date on the needs and expectations of our business partners.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public, business partner, and staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to inspire and motivate.
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of experience in related work preferred.
- Experience working across cultures preferred.
- Driver’s license, and reliable transportation required.
Part time-contract–varied hours.
How to Apply
Resumes and or only emails–no phone calls please
gallatinshalomzone.org web page
- Date Posted: October 13, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 11/10/2021
- Working Hours: varies