Rural Health Association of Tennessee
Community Health Manager
Rural Health Association of Tennessee
The Community Health Managers are responsible for recruiting providers and participants into rural health programs, in areas of workforce, maternal health, and chronic disease prevention. A heavy focus is on apprenticeship programs that prepare individuals for work, access social determinants of health, and provide case management services through program completion.
Outreach and Recruitment
- Partner with K-12 schools, HOSA programs, and afterschool programs to recruit and select candidates for pre-apprenticeship that covers basic soft skills, health education, and goal setting for youth entering the workforce.
- Recruit and support employers to register their apprenticeship program.
- Serve as a resource to employers in developing and retaining apprenticeship programs.
- Maintain and develop strong employer relationships, providing support as needed.
Reporting and Program Management
- Develop education and outreach plans to advance program goals.
- Coordinate apprentice orientation and events.
- Respond to candidate and apprentice inquiries via email and phone.
- Input and manage apprentice data in required membership and reporting systems.
- Maintain all required documentation for DOL, grant reports, and RHA of TN leadership.
- Represent RHA of TN with local and state partners.
- Promote RHA of TN learning events in local communities.
- Support apprentices while in training and on the job, including monthly check-ins and facilitating peer-to-peer activities.
Other Essential Functions
- Maintain a deep understanding of all programs and opportunities to share and promote.
- Work cross functionally with other RHA of TN staff to support all programs and organizational goals as identified by RHA of TN’s strategic plan and contracts.
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of grant proposals, reporting documents, and other correspondence, as necessary, for federal, state and/or local funders
- Support content creation for RHA social channels, newsletters, and website.
- Attend relevant meetings and professional development workshops.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required with minimum of 2 years of experience in community and/or program delivery. Additional certifications such as CHES, diabetes prevention, other health/community health development preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public programs, particularly as relates to education and workforce.
- Organized, proactive, and able to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large audiences.
- Demonstration of excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, communication (verbal and written), project management skills required.
- Proficient using technology.
- Experience working with a high-performing and collaborative team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to improving health among rural and other minority populations.
- Commitment to learning new things, developing as a leader, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Flexible with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience managing complex projects and/or grants.
- Experience with K-12 schools and/or higher education.
- Experience working with a remote team and remote management.
- 100% employee health insurance benefit option.
- Flexible work arrangements with a partial remote work option.
- $50/month home office stipend, travel reimbursement.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Occasional travel to RHA of TN office or event sites.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check is required.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume via RHA of TNs job board https://rhat.mcjobboard.net/jobs
- Date Posted: June 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/02/2021
- Salary Range: 40,000-45,000
- Working Hours: 9am - 5pm; flexible hours