Community Engagement Specialist
Job Summary: The Community Engagement Specialist will coordinate the volunteers and interns of all Refugee and Immigrant Services programs locally, including the recruitment, training, supervision, appreciation, and evaluation of individual and group volunteers. She/he will also assist the Community Engagement Coordinator with coordinating community relations and community engagement events related to Refugee and Immigrant Services. She/he will work to engage the community in welcoming and accompanying refugees, asylees, and immigrants as they work to achieve self-sufficiency and integrate successfully into their new community and country.
- Coordinate the volunteer program for individual volunteers and volunteer groups for Refugee and Immigration Services (RIS), including implementing volunteer policies, developing volunteer opportunities and job descriptions, administering a web-based volunteer tracking system, recruitment, orientation, training, and supervision evaluation and recognition of volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers and interns to meet the needs of the Refugee and Immigrant Services programs, including, but not limited to, cultural mentoring, English language tutoring, career mentoring, employment assistance, social adjustment, after-school tutoring, and children/youth summer camp, etc.
- Provide ongoing support to RIS interns and ensure compliance with all active MOUs related to for-credit internships through partner universities.
- Respond to all grievances reported by individual and group volunteers in a timely manner and with professionalism and facilitate resolutions.
- Facilitate communication between all volunteers and direct service Inspiritus staff.
- Coordinate a faith and community group partnership program for refugee accompaniment to include program administration, support of partner volunteer teams, and serving as a liaison between partner volunteer teams and Inspiritus refugee clients and staff.
- Coordinate the intern program for Refugee and Immigrant Services in the region, including maintaining ongoing relationships with college and university career departments; and recruiting, training, and overseeing the intern program on a year-round basis.
- Solicit and record donations of cash and in-kind items for Refugee and Immigration Services.
- Keep records of volunteer hours, mileage, and in-kind donations, and submit these reports on a monthly basis to appropriate programs and staff.
- Solicit and collect feedback from affected individuals and groups (clients, donors, volunteers, interns, and staff) to improve and strengthen community engagement programming.
- Facilitate communication with the RIS constituency to provide community advocacy and engagement opportunities as directed by RIS Program Managers and the Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Assist Community Engagement Coordinator with community relations, including presentations to congregations and other organizations promoting Inspiritus and the agency’s programs, including volunteer opportunities, special events, and program partnerships.
- Participates in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities.
- Participates in training and professional conferences to keep abreast of current trends.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Complies with the various federal, state, or local laws that apply to and regulate the job responsibilities.
- Participates in training, fundraising events, and other INSPIRITUS activities and initiatives such as performance and quality improvement (PQI).
- Strives toward excellence in the areas of innovation, performance, and extraordinary acts.
Non-Essential Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet program and department needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least a year or more experience working in the areas of volunteer coordination, public relations, and/or other resource development duties in the nonprofit sector.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, competencies, skills and knowledge that ensures the successful completion of the essential job responsibilities
- Demonstrated, documented experience and performance in planning, organizing and leading projects.
- Organized with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to balance the needs of clients, staff and volunteers.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Good computer skills (Word Processing, Spreadsheet, database, E-mail) and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- Ability to work in partnership with other team members.
- Must hold a valid Georgia Drivers license and a good driving record.
- Masters degree in Marketing, Non-Profit Management, Social Work or related field.
- Experience supervising volunteers and interns.
- Experience working with refugees and immigrants.
- Familiarity with Atlanta non-profit and community organizations, community resources, church and interfaith groups.
- Experience with human services programs.
- Reads, writes, and speaks a relevant foreign language.
Benefits at a glance
Inspiritus is a faith-based nonprofit that drives positive social change in communities across Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee (since 1929), our organizations merged in January of 2019 to form Inspiritus.
The new name embodies the essence of our mission and vision. Inspirit means to fill with strength or courage, and that is what we do. We inspirit. Learn more at weinspirit.org
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, Paid Time Off, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=48560&clientkey=CB88133EB20DD5151828F4B95483B0B7
- Date Posted: June 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 07/29/2022
- Salary Range: $38,000 - $42,000/yearly